Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Various

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 07:12   #121
Bayern Freak
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argeta View Post
Man I swear Costa > Hazard
so far i agree 100%
Old 06-08-2015, 08:12   #122
uniqueplayer
executioner

Costa was the best player on the pitch. He was good as a lw and was awesome on the right
Old 06-08-2015, 08:48   #123
Springbok51

I just had to share this little bit

On to the game itself, yet another excellent performance from Costa, can't wait for him to replicate these kind of performances in the BL and especially CL.

Shame Madrid player very defensive and without most of their starters.

Shout-out to Isco, what a player. He's a true delight to watch.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member34
Old 06-08-2015, 08:49   #124
jabet
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Kroos has always been a terrible FK shooter. I don't recall him ever scoring a single goal from a FK - which doesn't necessarily preclude him from being a poor FK taker (since assists are a thing) but the fact that he was the main FK taker in a period of Bayern's history known for a downright hilariously bad conversion rate from set pieces (despite tall attackers) should firmly put this myth to bed. Kroos is not nor has ever been good at taking FKs.
As long as I can remember his FK delivery and the occasional shots were good, that's way he was Germany's main FK taker during the WC. I particularly remember his perfect delivery for Hummels goal.
BZ Squad member32
Old 06-08-2015, 11:58   #125
Sumon
BZ Member

Kroos is amazing at taking Free kicks. During 2014 World Cup he got an assist after almost every single game due to set-pieces. Also Ramos has scored so many goals last season due to Kross' ball delivery.
Old 06-08-2015, 13:17   #126
micky
A good Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Roten Mun View Post
And how many goals from free kicks he has?!
I get your point but that's not the only way to measure freekicks.
BZ Squad member22
Old 06-08-2015, 13:36   #127
mea95
Mea San Mea

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
that's not the only way to measure freekicks.
You are right

But if he scored 0 freekick , then I don't think we can say that he is great at taking freekicks
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
Old 06-08-2015, 13:42   #128
Argeta
BZ Member

He is great at getting the ball into the box for someone to get a good chance to finish it.
BZ Squad member96
Old 06-08-2015, 14:04   #129
SCT
BZ Member

Quote:
He is great at getting the ball into the box for someone to get a good chance to finish it.
Yea the fact that Germany and Real score so many goals off his deliveries means that the problem with Bayern's indirect free kicks was not Kroos. Our players just suck at heading/jumping.

He scored one or two direct free kicks at Leverkusen. But at Bayern he was behind Ribery, Robben, Schweini so he never took any. Same at Real, he's behind Ronaldo and Bale.

Anyway good win. Costa and Alaba were great. Looking forward to a successful season!
Old 06-08-2015, 18:12   #130
micky
A good Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post
You are right

But if he scored 0 freekick , then I don't think we can say that he is great at taking freekicks
I wasn't defending Kroos as such, but just making a general remark.
BZ Squad member22
Old 07-08-2015, 01:38   #131
Slickz
BZ Member

Quote:
"killing it"..? He's been absolute shit against better opponents for both club and NT. Costa hasn't even been here for a month and is already proving himself against the best
This is where fans need to get a reality check. I don't mean to be offensive in anyway possible. It is in general as a lot of people are deceived by pre-season. Costa and Hazard are not even comparable. Hazard is in the bracket of world class. Costa has impressed you, me and all fans alike but this conclusion you based on him is from pre-season games. That is just too early. Hazard has been consitently performing for Chelsea.

Big games, he stepped up. He has been missing some and some he has been very good. I remember his performance against Arsenal last season in their 2-0 victory was one of the best inidivual performances I have seen from a player. He also won that game by himself against United last season. Sometimes he has to sacrifice himself for the team because in the bigger games Mourinho likes to play a very defensive style and counter at the best opportunity.

But anyway, Costa does look very exciting. But let's put things into perspective. He has been outstanding in pre-season, but it is pre-season. Moses has been Chelsea's best player in pre-season. He is not suddenly better than Hazard. Costa has obviously been better than Moses but Hazard is a better player.

You can't say Costa has proved himself against the best in 4 friendlies. Do you really class that as a big game? They are world class teams but it is a friendly. Hazard scored an excellent solo-goal against Barca couple weeks ago in a friendly. But that does not make him a big game player, vice-versa as when the competitive season kicks in is when you see how they perform in the big games.

Before Costa was brought in, there was so much criticism and now we are talking about him in the elite section. Let's wait till the end of the season.

Last edited by Slickz; 07-08-2015 at 01:48.
Closed Thread