Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Various

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 08:02   #361
L4nd3r
Uli 2.0 RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
Didn't Heynckes sub Muller off the minute before Chelsea equalized in 2012?
Yes, for freaking Van Buyten. Seconds later, Drogba scores the tie on a corner with 3 central defenders on the pitch.
BZ Squad member27
Old 03-08-2015, 11:41   #362
Dan
BZ Member

My opinion on Müller is that he has undoubtedly some very good qualities as a player but he also has a playing style that means that if he doesn't have a good day he is pretty much useless on the pitch because he has little passing skills and little skill in taking men on. Müller is good at coming into goal scoring opportunities but if that doesn't work for him he does very little, so naturally Müller will therefor always be a player that you have to take out if you want to bring more technique and penetration into the team.
Old 03-08-2015, 18:03   #363
iSimic
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Yes, for freaking Van Buyten. Seconds later, Drogba scores the tie on a corner with 3 central defenders on the pitch.
Not really true. Bayern was playing with Boateng-Tymo as defenders and Tymo really isnt a central defender.

That sub still made a lot of sense.

Chelsea was playing all or nothing with 2 big players up front who were both taller than Tymo. Muller had cramps and had it difficult.

With Van Buyten in the team the long balls would be less dangerous and with Tymo as a midfielder Bayern finally had a player on the midfield who could defend. That ment that Kroos and Schweinsteiger could focus less on defending and more on keeping the ball in the team.

It would have been more ideal if Gomez would have gone out but Muller couldnt play 100% anymore.
Old 03-08-2015, 19:17   #364
jabet
BZ Member

Subbing Lewa off for Rafinha and moving Lahm to the midfield was a pretty logical thing to do. It was to add a player who can defend and keep possession, thus making it harder for Wolfsburg to get past midfield and having most amount of possession possible in the dying minutes. However taking two attacking threats off when the game is only 1-0 was a stupid mistake by Pep.
BZ Squad member32
Old 03-08-2015, 19:59   #365
albanian7
MIA SAN MIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabet View Post
Subbing Lewa off for Rafinha and moving Lahm to the midfield was a pretty logical thing to do. It was to add a player who can defend and keep possession, thus making it harder for Wolfsburg to get past midfield and having most amount of possession possible in the dying minutes. However taking two attacking threats off when the game is only 1-0 was a stupid mistake by Pep.
Actually, when Raf was warming up I told my friend I hope he'd sub him in for Xabi - and that if he wanted to take off an attacker, let it be Robben, because I was afraid he'd get injured from overplaying after staying out for 6 months.
Old 03-08-2015, 20:07   #366
jabet
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanian7 View Post
Actually, when Raf was warming up I told my friend I hope he'd sub him in for Xabi - and that if he wanted to take off an attacker, let it be Robben, because I was afraid he'd get injured from overplaying after staying out for 6 months.
Pep obviously wanted to have more control of the midfield, so Rafinha for Alonso wouldn't have made any sense. It would have been better to sub Xabi out for Vidal and Rafinha for Robben because of the reason that you stated.
BZ Squad member32
Old 03-08-2015, 20:13   #367
mea95
Mea San Mea

Lewa out - Rode in
Xabi out - Vidal in
Robben out - Gotze in

Neuer

Lahm - Boateng - Benatia - Alaba

Vidal - Rode
Thiago

Muller - Gotze - Costa

anyway , we can't really discuss the substitutions at this point , especially that the goal came from defensive errors
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
Old 04-08-2015, 03:54   #368
SCT
BZ Member

Just caught the replay and man why can't we win a shootout anymore?!

We were way more productive on the left, because the guys there knew their roles. On the right it was a mess because of the constant switching of roles between Lahm, Robben, and Mueller.

It started as a 4-1-4-1:
Neuer
Lahm, Boateng, Benatia, Alaba
Alonso
Robben, Mueller, Thiago, Costa
Lewandowski

... but it morphed into a 3-1-4-2 at times:
Neuer
Boateng, Benatia, Alaba
Alonso
Lahm, Mueller/Robben, Thiago, Costa
Robben/Mueller, Lewandowski

Hojbjerg didn't even make the bench! Alonso is looking slow, old, and even his passing was not up to par. I'd rather a youngster out there making mistakes and learning rather than putting up with Alonso's.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:34   #369
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSimic View Post
Not really true. Bayern was playing with Boateng-Tymo as defenders and Tymo really isnt a central defender.

That sub still made a lot of sense.

Chelsea was playing all or nothing with 2 big players up front who were both taller than Tymo. Muller had cramps and had it difficult.

With Van Buyten in the team the long balls would be less dangerous and with Tymo as a midfielder Bayern finally had a player on the midfield who could defend. That ment that Kroos and Schweinsteiger could focus less on defending and more on keeping the ball in the team.

It would have been more ideal if Gomez would have gone out but Muller couldnt play 100% anymore.
You're forgetting of course that up until that substitution, Tymoshchuk was by far the best defender on the field as far as individual performance in that game goes. Tymoshchuk was marked by all to be eaten up by Chelsea's defense and yet delivered a top-class performance that totally marked Drogba et all out of the game...until Jupp changed the defensive set-up and Boateng lost Drogba on the header.
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Old 04-08-2015, 17:29   #370
iSimic
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
You're forgetting of course that up until that substitution, Tymoshchuk was by far the best defender on the field as far as individual performance in that game goes. Tymoshchuk was marked by all to be eaten up by Chelsea's defense and yet delivered a top-class performance that totally marked Drogba et all out of the game...until Jupp changed the defensive set-up and Boateng lost Drogba on the header.
Didnt forget it, just didnt mention it because it doesnt matter.

And unless he told it after the game (which i have no idea about) you cant say for sure that the defensive set up during corners changed after that set up.
Closed Thread