Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Various

Closed Thread

Old 16-01-2016, 19:24   #46
Alex
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
Thank God, we have more than 40 points...otherwise we might be relegated...
BZ Squad member28
Old 16-01-2016, 20:08   #47
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz View Post
This game scared me, even if it was just a friendly.
Hit the nail on the head
BZ Squad member25
Old 16-01-2016, 22:35   #48
Grey
Free Cascadia

Lol do any of you guys even remember the January 2014 friendly match against RB Salzburg? You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill.

As far as Vidal is concerned, he's been the worst player of the whole team for this half season so far. I didn't see this game so I can't really judge, but keep in mind that Schweinsteiger went several games scoring goals while still managing to be indisputable the worst and most out-of-sorts player on the field.
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Old 17-01-2016, 04:45   #49
Stansfield
Manchurian Candidate

An embarrassment whether it matters or not. This isn't baseball, we have no business losing to this team. Just the same old problems evident once again whether the players played well or not and they surely didn't.

I was worried about looking rough coming out the winter break as we have tended towards. Why I would have preferred an easier CL draw unlike some others. Hopefully some of these BL matches whip things back into shape quickly. A good reminder we have to play Juventus, a team on the rise, away in a little more than month. I don't think we should count on trying to fix a screw up away at home in the second leg again but that's just me.
BZ Squad member18
Old 17-01-2016, 05:06   #50
Grey
Free Cascadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stansfield View Post
An embarrassment whether it matters or not. This isn't baseball, we have no business losing to this team. Just the same old problems evident once again whether the players played well or not and they surely didn't.

I was worried about looking rough coming out the winter break as we have tended towards. Why I would have preferred an easier CL draw unlike some others. Hopefully some of these BL matches whip things back into shape quickly. A good reminder we have to play Juventus, a team on the rise, away in a little more than month. I don't think we should count on trying to fix a screw up away at home in the second leg again but that's just me.
Bayern's (and the Buli's) 2nd best individual season in history (2013-14) came with a winter break that included a downright embarrassing result against Salzburg (3-0 loss). To say that these winter friendlies matter even one iota would be the overstatement of this century. These games are nothing more than a chance for the players to stretch their legs a little. Don't make this more than it actually is.
Old 17-01-2016, 05:30   #51
Stansfield
Manchurian Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Bayern's (and the Buli's) 2nd best individual season in history (2013-14) came with a winter break that included a downright embarrassing result against Salzburg (3-0 loss). To say that these winter friendlies matter even one iota would be the overstatement of this century. These games are nothing more than a chance for the players to stretch their legs a little. Don't make this more than it actually is.

But how in the world did I make it more than it was? Did I not specifically reference that it was indeed a friendly that didn't matter? Is there really anything odd about not wanting a tough CL opponent in general but especially after the winter break when you can very well be rusty? Most of my post was merely about our upcoming fixture and being rusty which is hardly a surprise. The issues we had tactically are nothing new or unique to this game. Other than calling it an embarrassment, which disagree or not isn't far fetched to say about losing to a team like this with so many starters, I don't see what is exaggerated. Seems like a lot of assumption on your part that I am putting a lot of stock in this match which I am certainly not. It didn't show us anything we shouldn't be aware of and it's a friendly.

As far as the complaints in general people get annoyed by shit like this because they see the same fundamental issues and they're a bit fed up at this point. It's a molehill for sure but maybe some aren't making a mountain out of it as much as they are adding it to the pile. It's just the latest example and not an isolated incident. Complaints will certainly happen whether it's important or not.

Isn't 13-14 the season we blew a great opportunity to repeat the treble and got humiliated as well?
BZ Squad member18
Old 17-01-2016, 06:54   #52
Grey
Free Cascadia

I get the sentiment but saying "we have no business losing to this team" and drawing conclusions about problems evident from this match seem well over the top to me.

With the exception of the single 4-0 game against Madrid, I thought the 2013-14 season was a huge success. And more importantly, our 3-0 thrashing by Salzburg was not only worse by scoreline but we were so thoroughly outplayed that I still cite it as one of the worst team performances I've ever seen, friendly or not. Thankfully, it had absolutely no bearing on the rest of our season.
Old 17-01-2016, 07:11   #53
uniqueplayer
executioner

This was not the ucl final, but a friendly... The world is not over
Old 17-01-2016, 07:37   #54
Stansfield
Manchurian Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I get the sentiment but saying "we have no business losing to this team" and drawing conclusions about problems evident from this match seem well over the top to me.

With the exception of the single 4-0 game against Madrid, I thought the 2013-14 season was a huge success. And more importantly, our 3-0 thrashing by Salzburg was not only worse by scoreline but we were so thoroughly outplayed that I still cite it as one of the worst team performances I've ever seen, friendly or not. Thankfully, it had absolutely no bearing on the rest of our season.
Clearly we were rusty today, that's an easy and reasonable conclusion to reach. You portray it as if I reached some wild conclusion about the rest of the season from this match alone. Instead of saying I was worried about us being rusty before all this and still am hopefully we can lock in before we have Juventus. So unreasonable haha.

Seeing some of the same problems that have existed for years was just a matter of fact. It has little to do with this match. Its not a conclusion reached from this match. If it was something unique to this match you'd have a point. I'm not talking about what anyone else said either.

And no we shouldn't lose to this team friendly or not when were trying to go out and win which we were. That's just a simple statement. It doesn't mean it's the end of the world or anything else.

This is absurd to even be talking about this match still haha.
BZ Squad member18
Old 17-01-2016, 15:18   #55
Monaco
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaSchofield View Post
Hit the nail on the head
Oh yeah, we are so lucky not to play against Wolfsburg for instance. They are behind against Chemnitz, a team from 3. Liga. LAst year we won against Bochum and got screwed by Wolfsburg. Now they lost and know exactly what to do and which bolts to turn.
Old 20-01-2016, 02:43   #56
SCT
BZ Member

Read Dorsch had a good showing in midfield. How was he?

Him and Kimmich are our future central midfield.
Closed Thread