Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Champions League

Closed Thread

Old 15-09-2014, 15:12   #31
Luftstalag14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSK View Post
I don't see us winning this match, maybe with some Robben magic we can pull it off.
But City is far from being impressive, judging by the last couple of games they played.

They really miss Yaya Toure.
Old 15-09-2014, 15:57   #32
HSK
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
But City is far from being impressive, judging by the last couple of games they played.

We tied against Keller's Schalke and we weren't exactly impressive against Stuttgart (basically a lower table side).
BZ Squad member19
Old 15-09-2014, 16:09   #33
Filo
BZ Member

So far, I've only seen 1 fantastic CL match for Guardiola's Bayern. It was against City in Manchester last season.

Hope to see something similar on Wednesday.

Having said that, I hope our offensive players are up for the task. With Ribéry back, I'm a bit more calmed. Still though, we need to improve and quickly. This group is not an easy one and both City and Roma are in better form than we.
BZ Squad member26
Old 15-09-2014, 17:08   #34
kocharyoda
Milky

Never judge a club by their domestic performance, Bayer Leverkusen is a great example for that. Shit in the CL and great in the BL.

I have a good feeling...
BZFF champion BZ Squad member77
Old 15-09-2014, 17:17   #35
Springbok51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocharyoda View Post
Never judge a club by their domestic performance, Bayer Leverkusen is a great example for that. Shit in the CL and great in the BL.

I have a good feeling...
That's a fair point, but if you look at CL on the whole it's all about peaking at the right moments.

When Bayern won the CL in 2013, Bayern's performances in the group stage were average at best (with the 1 - 3 defeat against Borisov as the worst performance by far). The away match against Arsenal was terrific (whereas the return in Munich was horrendous) but after that Bayern played extremely well against Juve and Barca both legs.

All that's required in the group stage is to qualify by finishing first or second (and not picking up too many cards/injuries), everything else is secondary.

In the knockout stage it's all about small details, taking your chances, a bit of luck and choosing the right tactics that decide the outcomes.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member34
Old 15-09-2014, 17:39   #36
fashiondesign
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post

He should play on Wednesday.
Old 15-09-2014, 18:03   #37
indineuer01
BZ Member

The first point is....i just hope we're going to the knockout round no matter if we're finishing first or second in the group stage...
By that time (the knockout round) , our first team players already fit and completed... And show us a better performances than now....
Old 15-09-2014, 19:14   #38
Giovane
Herr Münchener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
seeing Alaba being wasted in CM position is hurting me ..
the feeling of "I can't wait till Pep gone" is growing up on me every match I see either Lahm or Alaba playing in the midfield ..

Not feeling optimistic about our season at all ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailip View Post
Same here. It's not great.

I have a weird feeling about this match. A draw would be good tbh, considering the players that are not fit and Pep's unnecessarily weird tactics.
I'm on the same page with you both... Hope we're wrong but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaath#13 View Post
For me, I can't wait for Rafinha to come back so we see Lahm as a midfielder, alongside Alonso.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayRan View Post
I think he is going to do the same thing we did against Schalke:

Alaba---------Alonso---------Lahm
Dante-------Boateng

Alaba and Lahm push up, Alonso drops back, Alonso goes forward, Alaba and Lahm stay and create a back 4.
Actually, among other crappy solutions he tried from the beginning of the season, this one would be my favourite too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSK View Post
I don't see us winning this match, maybe with some Robben magic we can pull it off.
Except he's probably not playing, or we're playing mind games with Shitty... Hope he'll play and he can really pull some magic.

Also, I would like to stress out that I think that our biggest chance on wednesday is Martin Demichelis on CB - Lewa, Müller, Götze, Ribs should pull a Milito vs. Dvb (and him) on him...

Last edited by Springbok51; 16-09-2014 at 06:38. Reason: No need for such a pic mate
Old 15-09-2014, 20:49   #39
Die Roten Mun
BZ Member

Man, we need this guy!!
BZ Squad member99
Old 15-09-2014, 20:56   #40
Fussballgott
4-2-3-1 Member

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba - Alonso, Rode - Müller, Götze, Ribéry - Lewandowski

BZ Squad member39
Old 15-09-2014, 22:21   #41
Lell
Banned

Would like to see Alaba in midfield to keep up with city headless chickens. Meaning Bernat should also start
Old 16-09-2014, 06:59   #42
schweini
Viva Viva FCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakujo View Post
seeing Alaba being wasted in CM position is hurting me ..
the feeling of "I can't wait till Pep gone" is growing up on me every match I see either Lahm or Alaba playing in the midfield ..

Not feeling optimistic about our season at all ..
Guardiola is giving Alaba the benefit of the doubt - he saw him flourish in CM with Austria & I think that's the reason he has shifted him there. And I applaud Guardiola for trying a new system with a back 3 - I'm sure he will pull it off.
Old 16-09-2014, 07:11   #43
Exectron
BZ Member

I am not sure whether Alaba as CM will pull off, as his strength is incredible speed, high ball, stamina and of course long shots. These are most suited for wings or side backs.

But I still applause Guadilola for his courage to try out new things. In this stage we can still afford trying new things, especially given our injury crisis.
Old 16-09-2014, 10:41   #44
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds View Post
All the constant whining about him made me want to have him commentating more often.
Hipster preds at it again...
BZ Squad member21
Old 16-09-2014, 11:00   #45
Exectron
BZ Member

This game against City gives me a huge feeling. Last year when we rolled City 3-1 that was outstandingly the best game we had last season. I thought we could crush the whole world since then. Sadly that was it and after that we won the Bundesliga in style, but lost hugely after we secured the domestic champion for some mythical reason.
Closed Thread