Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Champions League

Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2014, 08:27   #286
SuperBayern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argeta View Post
I just don't like the 3 man back line. Pep makes it to complicated. I think if we played like Real Madrid with defending and then directly on counters we would be much much more effective..
Exactly how i feel...

My thoughts:

- Playing a back 3, whether it's a 3331 or 343 formation, complicates things and does not necessarily make our defence better

- Our players are still most suited to and most comfortable with a 4-2-3-1 formation. Less stylish/hipster, but more balanced. The back 6 with Schweini and Martinez as duo anchors during 2013 were the balanced, composed and solid defensive unit I have ever seen

- I miss our deadly wingplay during the Jupp era, when Lahm and Alaba would overlap with Robben and Ribery down their respective flanks to create overloads and attacking plays

- Pep's tactics and formations are better suited against weaker opposition where we can suffocate the opponent and pass them to death in the center of the pitch

- We struggle against top quality teams that are organized and compact defensively. We often get caught out by long over-the-top diagonals and quick counterattacks down the wings. Also, because of Pep's high-pressing game and the aggressive positioning of our FBs and midfiedlers, our Cb's are often left isolated 1v1 versus the opposition strikers.

- Pep's elaborate passing game is ineffective against the top teams. I feel that most of the tiki-taka that we play serve a defensive purpose rather than an attacking one. Pep uses possession to protect himself instead of hurting the opposition. The slow and mechanical buildup of our attack gives defenders plenty of time to get in opposition and organize their defensive line against us

- Almost all of our goals against the top teams are either down to a moment of individual genius or a defensive error from the opponent. Very rarely is there a goal created by our passing game.
Old 27-11-2014, 10:39   #287
Argeta
BZ Member

Yes, but this is Pep and I won't complain, he is a mastermind. Problaby the best tactician of all managers. The thing with him though is that he wants to be different to everyone else, write himself into the history books in every team he is. Not because of the titles he won, but because of his genius tactics that noone understands.
BZ Squad member96
Old 27-11-2014, 11:57   #288
Fussballgott
4-2-3-1 Member

Played with 3 defenders (with Alaba) made the team well better and way more flexible.

That's the point. Simple.

Our best games was with Alaba, Boateng, Benatia in 3-men defense.
BZ Squad member39
Old 27-11-2014, 17:01   #289
Dan
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fussballgott View Post
Played with 3 defenders (with Alaba) made the team well better and way more flexible.

That's the point. Simple.

Our best games was with Alaba, Boateng, Benatia in 3-men defense.
You can't say that because it has not been proven against the very best, we know that it works against the likes of Stuttgart and Köln but will it work against the likes of Barca, Real, Chelsea etc? That remains very much to be seen.

I don't think we will win the CL with the current tactics, the best teams will always find a way to score against our high line, this tactic only works against weak teams. For players such as Messi, Ronaldo and Aguero it's a dream to play against our high line defense.
Old 27-11-2014, 17:17   #290
Fussballgott
4-2-3-1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
You can't say that because it has not been proven against the very best, we know that it works against the likes of Stuttgart and Köln but will it work against the likes of Barca, Real, Chelsea etc? That remains very much to be seen.
Dortmund, Roma, Manchester City at home (with a physical preparation to digest).

So Real Madrid this year are weak because they didn't show anything against the best ?

PS : don't tell me Barça because they can't even win against a poor PSG.
BZ Squad member39
Old 27-11-2014, 17:52   #291
St3ph3n
BZ Member

Quote:
Dortmund, Roma, Manchester City at home (with a physical preparation to digest).

So Real Madrid this year are weak because they didn't show anything against the best ?

PS : don't tell me Barça because they can't even win against a poor PSG.
I'm sure Barca ain't that poor anymore now and will win from PSG now.
Old 28-11-2014, 00:37   #292
sws
#koancorners

Great away support

Old 28-11-2014, 02:12   #293
Bayern101
Official Asshole

Until the 90th minute, the only fans I heard were Bayern fans.
Old 28-11-2014, 11:10   #294
Fussballgott
4-2-3-1 Member

It's normal, City has no fan. Just "spectators"
BZ Squad member39
Old 28-11-2014, 11:29   #295
St3ph3n
BZ Member

Quote:
It's normal, City has no fan. Just "spectators"
They are probably also bought by the sheiks to just sitt there
Old 28-11-2014, 14:34   #296
Argeta
BZ Member

City actually has more fans than United in Manchester, even before their team was bought. It's just typical English fans
BZ Squad member96
Old 28-11-2014, 15:04   #297
Effenberg31
BZ Member

I remember Oasis band members are City fans, I like that
Closed Thread