Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Champions League

Closed Thread

Old 20-10-2016, 02:36   #136
PCapitalist
BZ Member

Ok so I finished watching the game and my conclusions are:

1) the team still needs to keep gelling together, that was by no means a vintage performance.

2) our defense needs focus

3) Robben played a 10ish role, same as Ribery does under Carlo, not a pure winger role.

4) Personnel-wise our team has two problems: Xabi Alonso (duh) and Phillip Lahm. Lahm is a) not taking forwars positions b) not carrying the ball forward and c) playing about 90% of his passes sideways or to the back (if anybody knows where to get stats on this, very welcomed). Lahm is the reason our attack only works through the left side. I'm very disappointed.

5) Thiago created lots of clear cut chances (at least 4 in the first half).

Overall, we need to clear the Pep chip and make more daring passes and be more vertical, cause were still playing too safe in attack and going to extreme lengths to keep possession.

Going forward our formation should be a 433 or 4312 with Kimmich as a RB and Javi/Renato/Kimmich taking Xabi's position. Thiago either takes a more advanced position (the ten) or the regista role, I'm fine with both. The 10 position can also be taken by Ribsy or Robben.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Old 20-10-2016, 03:28   #137
L4nd3r
Uli 2.0 RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCapitalist View Post
Ok so I finished watching the game and my conclusions are:

1) the team still needs to keep gelling together, that was by no means a vintage performance.

2) our defense needs focus

3) Robben played a 10ish role, same as Ribery does under Carlo, not a pure winger role.

4) Personnel-wise our team has two problems: Xabi Alonso (duh) and Phillip Lahm. Lahm is a) not taking forwars positions b) not carrying the ball forward and c) playing about 90% of his passes sideways or to the back (if anybody knows where to get stats on this, very welcomed). Lahm is the reason our attack only works through the left side. I'm very disappointed.

5) Thiago created lots of clear cut chances (at least 4 in the first half).

Overall, we need to clear the Pep chip and make more daring passes and be more vertical, cause were still playing too safe in attack and going to extreme lengths to keep possession.

Going forward our formation should be a 433 or 4312 with Kimmich as a RB and Javi/Renato/Kimmich taking Xabi's position. Thiago either takes a more advanced position (the ten) or the regista role, I'm fine with both. The 10 position can also be taken by Ribsy or Robben.

No way Lahm is going to get benched. No fucking way.
BZ Squad member27
Old 20-10-2016, 03:47   #138
PCapitalist
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
No way Lahm is going to get benched. No fucking way.
No, I don't think he will, but he SHOULD. He's currently our second worst player. Defensively suspect and no offensive output whatsoever. It's sad to say this, but it's true.

Old 20-10-2016, 03:54   #139
Grey
Free Cascadia

Next to Alaba, I think Lahm is most at fault for the goal conceded. While I'm aware that Lahm's positioning here might not have been his own doing, but rather that of Carlo's tactics, Lahm had a defensive duty on that play. In a proper tactical set-up, Lahm should have been the one screening the player who made the assist to Narsingh. If you look at the video again, you'll see how ludicrously high and wide Lahm is when that play starts. Now I know that Bayern were in a spell of possession and the turnover was lightnig fast, but if Lahm doesn't have the pace to return to a defensive position, I truly don't know why we still play him.

I'm going to go full nuclear here: At the present moment, Bernat is a greater asset to us than Lahm is. At least Bernat can run back into his own half when he needs to.
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Old 20-10-2016, 04:23   #140
Vullkan
BZ Member

Ancelotti will never ever play a beautiful football . That's why our game suc*s , He just wants to win no matter how to him , To succeed, I think you need this kind of ability and he has it .

I don't expect Bayern to play great football under him , the results are most important to him . We will have to wait till the end of the season to see his work at Bayern.
Old 20-10-2016, 04:25   #141
mea95
Mea San Mea

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoBR View Post
What do you want from him ? a hat trick and 5 assists every game ?

Give me a break
Does it matter if I reply?
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
Old 20-10-2016, 04:53   #142
PCapitalist
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Next to Alaba, I think Lahm is most at fault for the goal conceded. While I'm aware that Lahm's positioning here might not have been his own doing, but rather that of Carlo's tactics, Lahm had a defensive duty on that play. In a proper tactical set-up, Lahm should have been the one screening the player who made the assist to Narsingh. If you look at the video again, you'll see how ludicrously high and wide Lahm is when that play starts. Now I know that Bayern were in a spell of possession and the turnover was lightnig fast, but if Lahm doesn't have the pace to return to a defensive position, I truly don't know why we still play him.

I'm going to go full nuclear here: At the present moment, Bernat is a greater asset to us than Lahm is. At least Bernat can run back into his own half when he needs to.
I agree. On his current form, I'd pick Rafinha over Lahm. But my preferred option is Kimmich as I've said repeatedly.

Old 20-10-2016, 05:01   #143
L4nd3r
Uli 2.0 RAUS

Quote:
No, I don't think he will, but he SHOULD. He's currently our second worst player. Defensively suspect and no offensive output whatsoever. It's sad to say this, but it's true.

I understand. But no way he's going to bench his captain. But a talk is needed.
BZ Squad member27
Old 20-10-2016, 05:52   #144
jabet
BZ Member

1)Thiago played a good game yesterday, one of the best players on the pitch. I still think he's inconsistent though and that he can't play the Regista role. A more advanced role seems to suit him better, at least it did in this game.
2) Boateng and Hummels are playing quite well, especially Boateng but, they are not getting any help from the midfield at this point, opposite players are just strolling through our midfield like no one is there.
3) The 4-3-3 doesn't suit this team, it just lacks Balance.
In this game Bayern overloaded the right side with Robben, Müller and Lahm playing there, while on the other side Alaba was playing alone. Alaba's brilliance made it work but his defensive game is obviously suffering for it. Another thing Carlo did, was letting Kimmich play as second striker, I can't count the number of times he was playing just beside Lewandowski yesterday night. This obviously means that Lewandowski isn't isolated anymore and that Bayern has more presence in the opponent's box. Which is a good thing, except that during counters, we had to rely on the old man Alonso and the defensively unreliable Thiago, giving the impression that the midfield was none existent at times.
BZ Squad member32
Old 20-10-2016, 07:42   #145
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
It was a true comedy of errors. Alonso lost the ball, Muller's "tackle" completely ruin's Kimmich's defensive position, Lahm is abso-fucking-lutely nowhere, Hummels is caught flatfooted...

...and while all of this is happening, Alaba loses the runner coming in from behind him. I swear, I have nightmares about Alaba losing runners. I'd say Alaba was the most at fault there, especially after rewatching the goal.

Alaba's tracking is horrid

Another goal for my boy Kimmich, Ballon D'or pls
BZ Squad member25
Old 20-10-2016, 10:11   #146
schweini
Viva Viva FCB

that goal we conceded, its like watching the amazing race
Old 20-10-2016, 14:08   #147
Trim

Bayern in 'crisis', they said. Great response!

Old 20-10-2016, 14:24   #148
PCapitalist
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabet View Post
1)Thiago played a good game yesterday, one of the best players on the pitch. I still think he's inconsistent though and that he can't play the Regista role. A more advanced role seems to suit him better, at least it did in this game.
2) Boateng and Hummels are playing quite well, especially Boateng but, they are not getting any help from the midfield at this point, opposite players are just strolling through our midfield like no one is there.
3) The 4-3-3 doesn't suit this team, it just lacks Balance.
In this game Bayern overloaded the right side with Robben, Müller and Lahm playing there, while on the other side Alaba was playing alone. Alaba's brilliance made it work but his defensive game is obviously suffering for it. Another thing Carlo did, was letting Kimmich play as second striker, I can't count the number of times he was playing just beside Lewandowski yesterday night. This obviously means that Lewandowski isn't isolated anymore and that Bayern has more presence in the opponent's box. Which is a good thing, except that during counters, we had to rely on the old man Alonso and the defensively unreliable Thiago, giving the impression that the midfield was none existent at times.
I don't think that's accurate. Robben played most of the time at the center (in the 10 position), Müller "investigated the space" (xD) ie roamed everywhere, and Lahm rarely ever pushed to the RW-space (mostly spent his time around the middle of the pitch). I though our right side was dead and it was through the left (and center) that we did our attacking, which highlights the importance of attacking FB.

I don't think Thiago is playing his ideal position either. I think he needs more space to himself (ie not having Alonso dictating). From deep he can distribute while keeping the game's tempo and also launch his terrific through balls, but he also needs to have the freedom to dribble forward. Also: Thiago rarely loses posession nowadays, that one has grown into a myth originating from his very earliest appearances IMO.

Old 20-10-2016, 14:48   #149
jabet
BZ Member

Quote:
I don't think that's accurate. Robben played most of the time at the center (in the 10 position), Müller "investigated the space" (xD) ie roamed everywhere, and Lahm rarely ever pushed to the RW-space (mostly spent his time around the middle of the pitch). I though our right side was dead and it was through the left (and center) that we did our attacking, which highlights the importance of attacking FB.

I don't think Thiago is playing his ideal position either. I think he needs more space to himself (ie not having Alonso dictating). From deep he can distribute while keeping the game's tempo and also launch his terrific through balls, but he also needs to have the freedom to dribble forward. Also: Thiago rarely loses posession nowadays, that one has grown into a myth originating from his very earliest appearances IMO.

I should've been more precise, by the right side, I meant the right side of the midfield, which can also just be considered as the center. RAM describes best Robben position yesterday. Robben's and Müller's interplay in that area is what caught my eye yesterday, Lahm came in to the mix too, albeit with lesser effect.
Contrary to you though, I think that Thiago needs Alonso to perform well, since he's free to dribble forward and provide assists like he did for that 4th goal. Also I don't think that he has what it takes to dictate the game from the number 6# position.

Lähetetty minun SM-A510F laitteesta Tapatalkilla
BZ Squad member32
Closed Thread