Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Various

Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2017, 02:36   #91
L4nd3r
Uli 2.0 RAUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayer View Post
Never misunderestimate the willpower to make up for your lack of technical skills. There's no room for complacency in competitive professional football where all the players can more or less kick the ball. Right focusing is the key, we can see how hard it is to come back into the fight when you don't approach the game the proper way. You literally have to fight on every ball if you want to get it done. You can only solve games by just a play if you face a team 3-4 classes below your level and with no experience at those stages. Not the cases with Inter and Milan.

Such losses indeed do stink but Bayern showed what they're capable of as they faced Chelsea, another team with similar ambitions as well projects as us. Real also suffered a heavy defeat, it happens. It's not acceptable but that's how it goes, Bayern couldn't possibly have strenght enough to kick in right before the start against sides that grab the few chances they will have to hold on the biggest international scene level.
Like i said in my deleted comment. I don't think our players lack willpower/'heart' is the problem, it's actually a symptom of underestimating opposition, and that's a real problem Bayern have for a while.

Willpower alone is not enough to a 'lesser' team outplay a superior technical team, yes, they can win a match if they also have luck(on the superior team sucking on their chances) on their side, but not outplaying. At least against Milan, Bayern got outshot in clear-cut chances, didn't watch the Inter game, so can't comment on that one.

But i will be honest, fuck pre-season games, Bayern in recent times doesn't always have the best results on these, and who really cares? By September we won't remember any of them.
BZ Squad member27
Old 29-07-2017, 03:57   #92
Bayer
Oh, bother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4nd3r View Post
Like i said in my deleted comment. I don't think our players lack willpower/'heart' is the problem, it's actually a symptom of underestimating opposition, and that's a real problem Bayern have for a while.

Willpower alone is not enough to a 'lesser' team outplay a superior technical team, yes, they can win a match if they also have luck(on the superior team sucking on their chances) on their side, but not outplaying. At least against Milan, Bayern got outshot in clear-cut chances, didn't watch the Inter game, so can't comment on that one.

But i will be honest, fuck pre-season games, Bayern in recent times doesn't always have the best results on these, and who really cares? By September we won't remember any of them.

I didn't see anyone denying that other factors are involved, too, nor did anyone say it's a good excuse to justify the team - actually everyone agreed it's hard to swallow this - but you know such issues Bayern have get exposed even more if Bayern approach such friendlies as an experiment whereas the opponents take those games to keep riding their wave of enthusiasm which is consequence of the big revolutions they've been going through.

Bayern look to take the right conclusions out of these experiments - beyond the final result - they need to adjust the team accordingly in order to establish themselves through midseason. Milan clubs play such games to prove themselves and those around them they're serious on relaunching themselves. If they have 50, they'll try to give 200.

Not even to mention Bayern and other clubs probably schedule their fitness preparation differently. Running a lot and being top shape is essential in modern football.

It is basically impossible to keep focus and attention as high as possible through the whole year. There are ups and downs just like for any other club. Perfect seasons are exceptions. Our 2012-13 pre-season was also meh for instance. Taken all the other factors explained above into account and it explains the whole picture.

And I don't think Bayern misunderestimate opponents (you don't win 5 BuLi titles narrow out of nothing and I doubt it's the case in UCL games) - the real issue is they don't seem to approach some phases of the game in the proper way (coming back after suffering a goal, not closing the tie etc)
Old 29-07-2017, 09:15   #93
mea95
Mea San Mea

I didn't watch the match nor read the posts in this thread , I want to ask how did Sanches perform?

I read on twitter that Ancelotti was impressed and said he has lots of quality but wasn't able to show them last season , but he is showing them now
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
Old 29-07-2017, 15:45   #94
Muller25
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post
I didn't watch the match nor read the posts in this thread , I want to ask how did Sanches perform?

I read on twitter that Ancelotti was impressed and said he has lots of quality but wasn't able to show them last season , but he is showing them now
He's very calm on the ball, but still doesn't show that confidence from an attacking perspective. I truly think all he needs is confidence.
Old 29-07-2017, 17:15   #95
Grey
Free Cascadia

Chelsea got their shit kicked in by inter. Yet again, not the least bit surprising. These two Milan teams are fighting every preseason game like it's a CL final.
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Old 31-07-2017, 00:01   #96
HSK
BZ Member

Aren't AC Milan playing EL qualifiers already? They are clearly far ahead in their "pre-season".
BZ Squad member19
Closed Thread