Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > European Football

View Poll Results: Who will win the Prem?
Arsenal 0 0%
Chelsea 2 8.70%
Liverpool 4 17.39%
City 6 26.09%
United 8 34.78%
Spurs 3 13.04%
Other: 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-11-2017, 01:12   #166
micky
A good Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosoo2 View Post
Salah just scored two goals....but his finishing sucks apparently.
Here's an article that perfectly sums up the point I was trying to get across to you.

Quote:
Mo Salah (Roma to Liverpool, £36.9m)

Four goals in four Champions League games plus seven in 11 league matches and a match-winning two-goal turn in Egypt’s World Cup qualifier against Congo equals a phenomenal season for Salah. Somehow he still often ends up being remembered for his misses – at a crucial, early stage against Manchester City, for example, or from the penalty spot against Huddersfield – but using the expected goals metric he is statistically very much in credit, his chances being considered worth 6.18 goals. He has had more shots on target than any other player in the Premier League, despite being fourth on the list of shots overall: 65% of his efforts are accurate, compared with Harry Kane’s 37% and Romelu Lukaku’s 47%. Neither Fernando Torres nor Luis Suárez had scored as many goals at this stage in their Liverpool careers, and they weren’t wingers.
Which is exactly what I thought of Salah too, as I had never been too interested in him to check his stats out (which are pointed out in the rest of the sentence I boldfaced). All in all, looks can deceive, and Salah is a lot more clinical than he looks like, but just by watching him play it isn't all too obvious.
BZ Squad member22