Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 17-09-2009, 21:27   #16
BayernLeben
Banned

Next up -- Media will report that he has issues with Van Gaal. Maybe Gomez needs to jump on LvG when he scores next time like Ribéry.
Old 20-09-2009, 17:13   #17
Trim

Gomez left the stadium 15 minutes before the final whistle.

"The coach substituted me and we won. So he made the right decision."

Bild.de

Old 20-09-2009, 20:44   #18
René
#4 Phenomenon

Isn't that against protocol or something?
BZ Squad member4
Old 20-09-2009, 20:50   #19
Snake
BZ Member

It aint a good sign
Top poster
Old 21-09-2009, 00:48   #20
Filo
BZ Member

Don't read to much into it. If van Gaal had a trouble with him, he'd be benched for sure. Anyhow, a striker like Gomez can't do this show right now, especially since Klose and Toni are back.
BZ Squad member26
Old 21-09-2009, 16:47   #21
Trim

Lahm: "Mario needs more time. Munich isn't Stuttgart. An out of form player will sit on the bench. He has to learn to cope with the pressure. I don't think he's happy with what he's shown so far."

Hoeness: "Everyone talks about the 30 million. We should leave him alone and be patient."

tz-online.de

Old 23-09-2009, 16:05   #22
Filo
BZ Member

Gomez not safe in Bayern's lineup

Quote:
Mario Gomez is beginning to wonder why he's being substituted so often during Bayern Munich's games.

The striker was Bayern's most expensive signing for this season but appears not to have a secure position on the team under new coach Louis van Gaal.

"I think everyone who knows something about football can put himself in my position," Gomez said after Tuesday's match. "When you play in the first games and you score, and then despite that you get taken off, then you start asking yourself why. ... I need full self-confidence for my game."

"I was brought here to score goals," Gomez said. "To sit on the bench in the Champions League (a 3-0 win at Maccabi Haifa) made me feel insecure."

"But the coach has plenty of choices," he said.

"We have a large squad with a lot of quality. There are going to be hard decision and they will have to be accepted," said defender Philipp Lahm, Bayern's assistant captain. "Miroslav Klose has sat on the bench and so has Franck Ribery."
Gomez not safe in Bayern's lineup - USATODAY.com
BZ Squad member26
Old 23-09-2009, 17:00   #23
Tomas
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo View Post
Gomez not safe in Bayern's lineup

Gomez not safe in Bayern's lineup - USATODAY.com
Big difference there, Franck and Miro are both coming off injury and arent fully match fit. However Gomez isnt bringing to light some of the shots he has messed up compounded with the fact how well Mueller is doing. Yes, now we have many choices in our offensive line-up and we will need all of that for Bundesliga, Pokal and CL.
Old 23-09-2009, 17:12   #24
Filo
BZ Member

I think the press and the fans of Bayern Munich, like us, should not commit the same mistake with Gomez as we did with Podolski. He has more chances than Poldi and I think has more character to thriump in Bayern... but we have to slow down a bit and let him adjust to the idea that he is no longer fighting for being 3rd or the CL spot... he is fighting for the BL Championship and for the European glory.
BZ Squad member26
Old 27-09-2009, 20:33   #25
Trim

Rummenigge: "I spoke with Mario's agent a few days ago and told him to advise Mario to stop immediately with his complaining or misjudging things in any way. When you play for FC Bayern, you have got to work hard and give it your best."

"He is a first class footballer. We are all completely convinced he will earn his place here. He will not only score goals, but also play great football."

Hoeness: "He doesn't seem completely free. Last season he scored goals in the top corner left and right and didn't even think about it. He will need some time to process all this, but I am sure that we will see the old Mario Gomez in the coming weeks and months."

Sport1.de

According to "Bild", several players complained internally that Gomez often criticizes his team mates in training for too many bad passes.

Gomez: "I guess I should have scored 15 goals already to appease the critics."

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussba...rio-gomez.html

Old 28-09-2009, 08:01   #26
Snake
BZ Member

A waste of €30 Million....
Top poster
Old 29-09-2009, 14:33   #27
Trim

Quoting a fan:

Quote:
Gomez is not everybody's darling like Podolski. The crowd is quickly going to lose patience with him if he doesn't perform soon while fan favorites like Toni or Klose are sitting on the bench. The fans reaction to Toni coming to replace Gomez against Oberhausen was pretty clear.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:44   #28
Omran
BZ Member

he doesnt have to score to look good, he can just do a good job in the attack but he doesnt. he is nt the same gomez and he doesnt worth 30 millions. hes strange infront of goal. it looks to me that he has to think and realize whats going on around him at every pass he receives. how much time does a striker needs to get off scoring when he moves to his nem club? a whole year?
Olic doesnt score but hes effective, he cost us singing on fee !! Gomez cost 30 million!!
Old 01-10-2009, 23:19   #29
Trim

Gomez: "We don't have to play this game all season long. It is like it is, I have accepted the decision."

"I will work so hard in training that I will get back into the team. I can deal with the situation, really. It's a pity that no one seems to accept that I don't have a problem with anyone. Not with the coach, not with the fans and not with the board."

"I don't know what Karl-Heinz Rummenigge meant, but in the end, I don't care about it. I only concentrate on my game, no matter what anyone says."

"People twist my words and then others comment on it. I will just talk less and train more now."

Van Gaal: "We played better with the 4-3-3 lately. Switching back to a formation with two strikers means we couldn't continue to work on it. I was extremely satisfied with Klose, he will play against Köln. We are on the right path. It was the best half of the season."

Mario Gomez: ?Ich habe mit keinem hier ein Problem?? - FC Bayern - Sport - tz-online.de

Old 18-10-2009, 10:42   #30
Trim

Hoeness: "Mario will become a top player for FC Bayern one day, it's just a matter of time. Players like Trochowski, Guerrero and Jarolim needed three and a half years to earn a starting spot at HSV. And here hell breaks lose when someone doesn't play for two weeks."

WELT ONLINE