Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 03-01-2011, 19:36   #16
Filo
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramy View Post
30? Why not number 6!?
Cause van Gaal told him that Lell > Demichelis
BZ Squad member26
Old 03-01-2011, 20:17   #17
Wavy
Asshole in charge

lmao, good one filo.

i have high expectations for this guy. i hope he doesn't disepoint us.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 04-01-2011, 09:12   #18
ike
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramy View Post
30? Why not number 6!?
i believe the main reason is that micho is out on loan, he hasn't been officially sold yet.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:22   #19
Wavy
Asshole in charge

^actually he's been sold for 3 million.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 04-01-2011, 12:01   #20
ike
BZ Member

you're right. saw the update
Old 04-01-2011, 13:32   #21
Charlie
Banned

Exclusive interview
Luiz Gustavo: I want to win trophies with Bayern

Quote:
Luiz Gustavo, welcome to Qatar, and welcome to FC Bayern. How was the flight to Doha?
Thank you, it was a very good flight. While we were in the air, Christian Nerlinger’s been telling me about what it’s like at Bayern and what I can expect at the club.

You’ll train with your new team-mates for the first time on Tuesday. How do you feel at the moment?
I’m certainly a bit nervous, but I think that’s normal. Bayern is a great club with many great players. But I’m pleased and extremely happy I’ll be training as a Bayern player for the first time on Tuesday.

What are your targets now you’ve joined Bayern?
I was in Hoffenheim and wanted to move to a truly big club, and I’ve now been given that opportunity. Naturally, I want to win trophies with Bayern and help us have a good season.

Versatility is one of your strengths, but what’s your favoured position?
My favourite position is in midfield, but my aim is to help the team, so I have no problem playing somewhere else.

How are your fitness levels at the moment? When do you think you might play for the first time?
I’m a little tired at the moment due to many long hours flying, but I kept up my training while I was on vacation in Brazil. I’m going to concentrate on doing my job, and any other decisions are up to the coach.

Thanks for talking to us, and here’s wishing you every success with Bayern.
FC Bayern München AG

Last edited by Charlie; 04-01-2011 at 13:58.
Old 04-01-2011, 14:06   #22
Charlie
Banned

Luiz Gustavo: "I always dreamed of Bayern"

Quote:
Luiz Gustavo was impressed with his first training session at Bayern Munich by the sporting level of the German record masters.

"The level is quite different," the 23-year-old Brazilian said on Tuesday Bayern's training camp in Doha.

He thanked Hoffenheim's Dietmar Hopp for allowing the transfer,
"I was dreaming my whole life for such a chance"
Luiz Gustavo: "Immer von Bayern geträumt" - FC Bayern - Sport - tz-online.de

Check the photos of our new addition in his first day with the rest of the team
http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bay...a&firstslide=4

Last edited by Charlie; 04-01-2011 at 15:09.
Old 04-01-2011, 14:21   #23
Charlie
Banned

German league probes Luiz Gustavo transfer

Quote:
The German Football League (DFL) is investigating whether the transfer of Luiz Gustavo from Hoffenheim to Bayern Munich violated Bundesliga club ownership rules.

The DFL said on Tuesday it was looking into the role of Hoffenheim investor Dietmar Hopp in connection with the move of the Brazilian midfielder Gustavo which was finalized on Monday.

In the so-called 50+1 rule, the DFL prohibits a dominating role of investors in professional football clubs. Based on the rule, Hopp has a 49 per cent voting right at Hoffenheim while holding 99 per cent of the club's capital.

Gustavo moved to Munich for an estimated 15 million euros (20 million dollars). The move was allegedly pushed by Hopp and said to have been one of the reasons why coach Ralf Rangnick parted company with the club on the weekend.

Hopp told Die Welt daily in an interview made available ahead of Wednesday's publication that he acted according to the DFL rules. He said was involved in the transfer talks as a shareholder and spokesman of the advisory board by request of Munich.

Hopp, a German billionaire and co-founder of software giants SAP, has invested around 170 million into the Hoffenheim club which came from the lower leagues to the Bundesliga in 2008.
German league probes Luiz Gustavo transfer - Monsters and Critics

The DFL is clearly bored, Bayern got Gustavo fair and square.
Old 04-01-2011, 14:37   #24
jbm
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVarela View Post
German league probes Luiz Gustavo transfer

German league probes Luiz Gustavo transfer - Monsters and Critics

The DFL is clearly bored, Bayern got Gustavo fair and square.
Pathetic fag losers!
Old 04-01-2011, 14:40   #25
jbm
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieVarela View Post
Luiz Gustavo: "I always dreamed of Bayern"

Check the photos of our new addition in his first day with the rest of the team
thnx for the pics mate! he really looks skinny in them
Old 04-01-2011, 17:31   #26
Charlie
Banned

Quote:
Gustavo: "Mark has given me a hand, we have a good time because we both speak Spanish."

"Lucio and Ze Roberto are my role models."

"I'm four years here and I really like the German mentality,"

Last edited by Charlie; 04-01-2011 at 18:06.
Old 04-01-2011, 17:32   #27
Beieren
Banned

Seems like all Brazilian footballers speak Spanish?
Old 04-01-2011, 17:36   #28
Charlie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beieren View Post
Seems like all Brazilian footballers speak Spanish?
For several of them its easy, Brazilian Portuguese is similar to Spanish, for some of us its not that hard to understand. I can read Brazilian Portuguese and understand it, but I can only speak it fluently when Im drunk
Old 04-01-2011, 17:55   #29
Beieren
Banned

lol yeah same for me with german.
Old 04-01-2011, 18:02   #30
Charlie
Banned

Weary but satisfied
Luiz Gustavo’s first full day at Bayern

Quote:
There he was after training, his hands resting on his knees for support, his body drained with exhaustion after a first 90-minute workout with his new team-mates. A maiden squad session at Bayern had clearly taken its toll on winter signing Luiz Gustavo. “It was very different to what I’m used to from Hoffenheim,” the 23-year-old said later as he reflected on an initial taste of life under Louis van Gaal, “but I liked it a lot.”

“We work very hard and intensively right from the off, with short sprint exercises and always with the ball, which is unconventional. But it’s always a bit different when you switch clubs,” commented director of sport Christian Nerlinger, who accompanied the Brazilian from Munich to the training base in Doha the previous evening. “I hope he settles quickly and I’m convinced he’ll be a very valuable player for us.”

The first impressions of the newcomer at work confirmed Nerlinger’s hopes as fully realistic, although Gustavo was also understandably weary by the end. Following his mid-season holiday in Brazil, where he became engaged to his girlfriend Milene on Christmas Day, the player initially flew to Germany to complete his transfer to FCB, and was back in the air on Monday lunchtime for the flight to Qatar.

Before then, Gustavo inked a four and a half year contract, thereby fulfilling a personal dream. “Every player dreams of going to a really big club. A chance like this has been a lifelong dream in my case. If you’re offered the chance, you have to say yes,” he stated. “I was determined to join Bayern, and I reckon the standards are at a much higher level than in Hoffenheim.”

Van Gaal’s words on Monday, Nerlinger praised the lanky Brazilian’s adaptability: Gustavo is at home in central defence, at full back or in defensive midfield. “We’ve been watching him very closely for the last six months. We’ve seen him fill three different positions, and he was convincing in all of them,” remarked Nerlinger, adding that Luiz Gustavo was “a big personality with exactly the right mentality. I think he’ll be very good for the team.”

Gustavo, describing himself as “a completely normal, calm person,” confirmed that he personally favours a midfield role, but will never issue demands to that effect. “I like whatever position I’m given. What matters is the team. I still have plenty to learn, because there’s a completely different philosophy here. But I think I’ll pick it up very quickly.” Training was different too, the player repeated: “You do a lot more work with the ball here.”

As to his private life, “I read the Bible a lot and pray twice a day,” the family-centred devout Catholic revealed. Professionally, he is prepared to wait patiently for his chance: “I’ll be focused exclusively on myself. I want to do my job well. We have an excellent coach, who knows exactly what’s best for the team,” said Gustavo, who named two of Bayern’s former Brazilian stars as his role models: “Lucio and Zé Roberto. I like their attitude, they always give everything. That's the way I am too.”

Luiz Gustavo and his new team-mates will certainly need to give everything if the second half of the season is to be rated a success. The 23-year-old newcomer is a reserved and modest character, but he was outspoken and ambitious enough when it came to stating his targets this season. “We need to think big. We’re in the Champions League, the Bundesliga race and the DFB Cup. We have a very good team, and we could still win the lot.”
FC Bayern München AG

Last edited by Charlie; 04-01-2011 at 18:05.