Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 27-06-2009, 12:56   #1
Trim

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Full name Bastian Schweinsteiger
Nationality Germany
Date of birth 01.08.1984
Place of birth Kolbermoor, Germany
Height 1.83 m
Playing position Midfielder

Old 29-06-2009, 22:57   #2
Ramy
BZ Member

Rehab programme
Patience a virtue for Schweini after op

Quote:
Bastian Schweinsteiger almost certainly hoped for a more conventional and relaxed summer vacation than the one he has ended up having. With no major tournament this summer, the 24-year-old was looking forward to a good three or four weeks' recovery from a long season with Bayern and Germany. As things have turned out, Schweini has only managed to put his feet up for the odd day or two here and there.

The problems started with an operation on his injured left knee, deemed necessary in early June after the player returned from a short trip to Asia with his national team. "I was in hospital for six days after that, and then I reported to Doc Müller-Wohlfahrt for an initial ten-day rehab programme," Schweinsteiger revealed to fcbayern.de on Monday.

Building muscle strength

He was then obliged to undergo a second round of surgery to repair calf muscle damage. Schweinsteiger spent a good part of last season carrying both painful injuries.

He has been reporting to the Säbener Strasse daily since Saturday, working on his physical fitness with physiotherapist Gerry Hoffmann. "With the leg that was operated on, I still need to build up the muscles a couple more centimetres," the midfielder explained.

Schweini aiming for honours

As a result, Schweini will not be 100 percent fit for the start of pre-season training under new coach Louis van Gaal on Wednesday. "I reckon I'll need a few more days before I can resume the team programme," confirmed Schweinsteiger, who signed a contract extension with FCB until the summer of 2012 last January.

He is thoroughly looking forward to the new campaign. "I'm still a little angry about not winning a trophy last season. We're not used to that here at Bayern. So I'm determined we'll come to the end of next season with a piece of silverware or two."
FC Bayern

Get will soon Bastian.
Old 30-06-2009, 18:50   #3
Tomas
BZ Member

Speedy recovery Schweini!!!!
Old 30-06-2009, 19:48   #4
BayernLeben
Banned

I hope after this that Schweini gains top form and gives one hell of a performance this season.
Old 09-07-2009, 19:43   #5
Trim

Quote:
Patience continues to be the order of the day for Bastian Schweinsteiger. Following a round of knee surgery on 4 June, the Germany star is still working his way through rehab training. “I thought it would all heal quicker than this,” the 24-year-old commented ruefully, admitting he would “much rather be out on the pitch” than working out alone in the performance centre.

Running, cycling and weights are the order of the day for Schweinsteiger just now. “It’s already a lot better and everything’s going OK,” reported the player, who hopes to start the team programme by the time of the Donaueschingen training camp at the latest.
http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/new...2009/20006.php

Old 17-07-2009, 18:50   #6
Trim

Schweini was back on the training ground with the ball at his feet on Friday.

“It was great to be back out there training with the lads.”

Old 17-07-2009, 19:20   #7
keniks
Ein Land, Ein Nation

great news thnx
Old 17-07-2009, 19:23   #8
Snake
BZ Member

Hopefully he will be a bit more creative
Top poster
Old 17-07-2009, 22:55   #9
Filo
BZ Member

It's time for him to take much more responsability. I really hope he can become Bayern's next captain.
BZ Squad member26
Old 17-07-2009, 23:01   #10
kala
Head Coach

I am a big fan of schweini... hez a great player and a good passer... hope he gains form and we will b unbeatable... he always made the difference
Old 18-07-2009, 05:59   #11
René
#4 Phenomenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by filo4efcbm View Post
It's time for him to take much more responsability. I really hope he can become Bayern's next captain.
It's been a while since we've been demanding an up-grade from Schweini. He has somewhat improved but it's not enough.
BZ Squad member4
Old 18-07-2009, 11:23   #12
keniks
Ein Land, Ein Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by René View Post
It's been a while since we've been demanding an up-grade from Schweini. He has somewhat improved but it's not enough.
I understand you Rene, but he has his Qualities and with the new coach maybe they will work better and i think that will help Bastian to get in the top
Old 18-07-2009, 13:55   #13
SaYeB
Oliver Kahnner

I agree 100% with Rene, there is something missing still, he is very good.
Old 18-07-2009, 15:01   #14
Wavy
Asshole in charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by keniks View Post
I understand you Rene, but he has his Qualities and with the new coach maybe they will work better and i think that will help Bastian to get in the top

ok how old is schweini 24?? or 25?? anyways, he needs to fucking use those qualities. we all know, everybody knows schweini himself knows that he is superstar material yet he can't seem to show what he can do. i think he needs motivation.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 31-07-2009, 23:13   #15
Ovplain
Vault dweller

Guy's 25 today (1.8.), hopefully he won't celebrate too hard and is focused on sunday.