Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 07-10-2009, 02:08   #31
Filo
BZ Member

Van Bommel returns from eight-week lay-off

Quote:
Almost two months after rupturing a tendon and breaking the big toe on his right foot, Mark van Bommel resumed the squad training programme on Tuesday. “I’m delighted I’m finally back on the training ground with my team-mates,” the 32-year-old club captain told fcbayern.de after a 90-minute workout. “There’s been no reaction,” the midfielder continued.

Van Bommel sustained the original injury in Bayern’s opening league game of the season, a 1-1 draw away to TSG Hoffenheim, and has spent the last eight weeks recuperating from surgery. “It’s taken a long, long time, so I’m even more pleased the healing process has gone so well and that I’m back out on the pitch again at last,” the Dutch international enthused following his return to the day-to-day rhythm of a pro.

Match practice in Regensburg

The club has arranged a friendly away to third-division Jahn Regensburg next Tuesday expressly to provide near-competitive match practice for Van Bommel and the club’s other recuperating or little-used players. Louis van Gaal closely observed his captain in Tuesday’s session, but the coach has not set a date by which he intends to restore Van Bommel to the team. Van Gaal is a stickler for players recovering fully from injury before returning to competitive action.
FC Bayern
BZ Squad member26
Old 15-10-2009, 15:21   #32
Trim

Van Bommel passes fitnest test

Quote:
Shimmies, close control, dribbling and passing, first with the left foot, then with the right, sometimes with an opponent, sometimes without. Mark van Bommel repeated this sequence over and over again on Wednesday, as the 500 or so die-hards at the FCB training ground saw for themselves that the club captain had successfully come through the previous day’s friendly. As Van Bommel himself said: “The toe’s still on.”

A broken big toe and ruptured tendon in his left foot forced the FCB skipper to the sidelines for nine long weeks, but he completed a 60-minute comeback away to Jahn Regensburg on Tuesday evening. “I’m delighted I got back to playing,” he commented the following day. There had been no reaction to the injury, he added.

Van Bommel said he had used the current break for internationals to train “really hard”, as he seeks to recapture the normal rhythm of a pro. “But I’m feeling good, very good, and ready for a competitive game,” he continued. Could that be Saturday’s Bundesliga trip to Freiburg? “The coach decides,” Van Bommel stated.
FC Bayern

Old 21-12-2009, 11:20   #33
Trim

In a new interview with "Spox", Mark van Bommel revealed that there's a handful of leaders in the locker room, mainly Schweini, Klose, Lahm, Butt, and also Ribery, Toni and Gomez. Van Bommel said he turned down lucrative long-term offers to leave the club last year, but he feels at home here. The captain said he could make more money elsewhere, but he wants to win trophies.

"I'm probably not the best footballer but I'm also not the worst. Some people said 'van Bommel can't play football' when I picked up too many cards. But I don't care. I'm important for the team and I'm appreciated by the club. That's all what matters to me."

spox.com

Old 30-12-2009, 17:13   #34
jrl
No scratch,no snatch

mixed emotions on MvB, I have previously liked him, and when he is in form I think he is a good player. He has had a shit start to this season, however, so has FCB in general. Guess it would be harsh to judge him on this seasons start.

I think he has been very good the last few games, since the Juve game.
All in all, i guess im happy he is staying. unsure about him as captain tho
BZ Squad member15
Old 30-01-2010, 18:22   #35
Filo
BZ Member

Kaiser: Extend Mark van Bommel's contract

Quote:
After the Mainz match, Franz Beckenbauer praised Mark van Bommel in the highest terms: "He has never played so well as now. He is quite different now and much more sovereign than he was before," Beckenbauer was quoted. "Age plays no role in it. Tell him to get a new contract."
Franz Beckenbauer fordert neue Verträge beim FC Bayern für Mark van Bommel und Jörg Butt - FC Bayern - Sport - tz-online.de
BZ Squad member26
Old 31-01-2010, 06:37   #36
Scooter

It's good to see bommel play well, he is a Bayern player after all, but I feel sorry for Tymos. I would not blame him if he leaves, just not to hamburg cause they are taking all our our fucking players.
Old 10-02-2010, 14:58   #37
Filo
BZ Member

Rummenigge on the apparent policy of handing players over 30 a one-year deal:

Quote:
“We did it with Mark van Bommel last season, but it wasn’t a policy. Last week, we offered Daniel van Buyten two years, so nothing’s cast in stone. We need to know that a player fits in at Bayern, and believe he can still deliver for at least two more years at the highest level. It’s the case with Daniel van Buyten, and I wouldn’t rule it out with Mark van Bommel either. I spoke to Mark last week, and I had the impression the duration wasn’t the main issue for him. He told us he’d be very happy to stay at Bayern. We’re extremely happy with his performances and he’s a fantastic captain. We’ll negotiate with him soon, and I’m optimistic we’ll find a solution. That also applies to Jörg Butt, who’s having a first-class season.“
FC Bayern
BZ Squad member26
Old 17-03-2010, 12:28   #38
Trim

New deal for captain
Mark van Bommel extends stay until 2011

Quote:
FC Bayern Munich and team captain Mark van Bommel have agreed a one-year extension to the midfielder’s contract, binding him to the club until 30 June 2011.

“A one-year extension is what I wanted,” Van Bommel commented. “I want to succeed with this team and win trophies. That’s our target now and for next season. Once we’ve hit our targets, we’ll talk again.”

“We’re very pleased we’ve reached agreement with Mark van Bommel on a contract extension in good time for the decisive weeks of the season,” commented FCB chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, welcoming the new deal with the 32-year-old Netherlands international.

“In previous seasons, but especially in recent months, Mark has been a good, important and consistent guarantees for our team’s success. Furthermore, he is an exceptionally good captain and representative of FC Bayern Munich,” Rummenigge continued. Van Bommel joined Germany’s biggest club from Barcelona in the summer of 2006. He succeeded Oliver Kahn as club captain in summer 2008, becoming the first non-German player to wear the Munich captain’s armband.
FC Bayern

Old 18-03-2010, 22:25   #39
Trim

Van Bommel: "The club offered me two years"

Quote:
When the 32-year-old appeared in front of a throng of reporters at a lunchtime news conference, there was indeed a surprise in store. “The club offered me two years, but I only wanted one,” the player announced. Van Bommel has deliberately opted for an extension until 2011, rather than the 2012 expiry date tabled by FCB. “I’m very happy with a year. I have a few things still to achieve here,” the Dutch international said.

Curiously, the roles were reversed last year. Van Bommel was looking for a long-term commitment, but Bayern only offered a single-year extension – with the proviso that this did not mean Mark would automatically be leaving afterwards. Twelve months later, the seasoned midfielder has himself opted not to sign up for an extended period. “I’m feeling good, and the club’s happy. It was a different situation last year,” Van Bommel explained.
FC Bayern

Old 18-03-2010, 22:30   #40
Tomas
BZ Member

Im happy with a 1 year as well.... and a new captn for next season
Old 17-04-2010, 21:35   #41
Trim

Van Bommel picked up his tenth yellow card (vs Hannover) and will miss the Gladbach match.

He will also miss the first leg of the CL semi-final against Lyon at home because of suspension.

Old 17-04-2010, 22:17   #42
BayernLeben
Banned

I guess he has a nice little break from things, he'll come back refreshed and ready to help end the season on a high!!!
Old 18-04-2010, 15:32   #43
Amy
What is happiness?

It's interesting to see Van Bommel's alternatives. Recently he has been very solid, aggressive, and even creative, and it's a shame he has to sit out for 1 week.
Old 13-08-2010, 22:26   #44
Trim

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/103372527
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/103372546/Bongarts

Quote:
Mark van Bommel of Bayern cries while holding a sign for charity of missing children prior to the Franz Beckenbauer Farewell match between FC Bayern Muenchen and Real Madrid at Allianz Arena on August 13, 2010 in Munich, Germany.

Old 14-08-2010, 03:12   #45
Scooter

That's very emotional