Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 27-06-2009, 13:15   #1
Trim

Luca Toni

Luca Toni

Full name Luca Toni
Nationality Italy
Date of birth 26.05.1977
Place of birth Pavullo nel Frignano, Italy
Height 1.96 m
Playing position Striker

Old 29-06-2009, 09:49   #2
Trim

Uli Hoeness on Luca Toni:

"Maybe we should request to field 12 players. We have never sent someone packing. It would be nice if he stayed and fought for his place."

Old 29-06-2009, 16:20   #3
Snake
BZ Member

LOL.....Time to say "CIAO" Luca
Top poster
Old 30-06-2009, 09:51   #4
Trim

Toni: "I feel very comfortable in Munich. Bayern has everything I can imagine. A great chance to win the Chamionship and a realistic chance to win the CL. We have such a strong squad, we can do it. And I promise all my fans: I will remains loyal to Bayern! I will train harder and show more effort and put in better performances."

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussba...ch-bleibe.html

Old 30-06-2009, 09:58   #5
Snake
BZ Member

WOW! I'm ABSOLUTLEY STUNNED
Top poster
Old 30-06-2009, 09:58   #6
Intex
BZ Member

I think he's not so good as he was one or two seasons ago,he needs to go back to Italy.
Old 30-06-2009, 10:20   #7
Ramy
BZ Member

I'm surprised! Nice to hear these words form Luca Toni.

He should really fight for his place next season.
Old 30-06-2009, 12:55   #8
Miguel.
Ombudsman.

I have mixed feelings about Luca.

He was fantastic in his first season, scored a lot of goals and immediately became a fan favourite. Then he had a really disappointing Euro and carried that form to Bayern, as he was poor last season. The match against Stuttgart epitomised his season, I'm talking about that chance he missed inside the 6-yard box.

I wouldn't be against keeping him, but I think it would be better if he left. We have in Gomez and Klose our starting strikers. Then Olic as a super sub and Müller as the fourth striker. If Toni stays, that means Müller will never play and Olic will be relegated to 4th striker. I think Toni is still a valid option, but he earns too much to be a sub, he'd be a luxury player and I don't think we need luxury players.

Milan have missed out on Dzeko, Fabiano doesn't look likely to sign for them, so I reckon Luca will end up there. At least I hope so.
Old 30-06-2009, 13:16   #9
Omran
BZ Member

Luca Toni maybe isnt that bad but he doesnt fit anymore, he used to be a lil bit fast but now he is slow and slacking, when you play infront of ribery you dont just have to be good, you have to be really fast!! Ribery still has more to show, maybe he would be able to with Gomez.

I like what Toni has said but I dont think he can go back to his first season performence anymore!

Its not nice to say that I wish he leaves, but then we will have 5 strikes fighting for two places!
Old 30-06-2009, 13:29   #10
Echnaton
BZ Member

Im eager to see if Luca can return to his former glory. Happy that he stays. And although the offense-dpt. will be quite packed it´ll grant the FCB-roster the depth we missed lately and ensures that - in case of injuries & Co. - an equally skilled player is available for replacement.

Wait & see I guess
Old 30-06-2009, 13:31   #11
oskme13
Osk

he must go

we don't need him anymore

and we all know that we have gomez muller klose and olic.

can anyone tell me that he prefers luca more than anyone of them???? i don't think so....

so luca good luck but not here in bayern...
Old 30-06-2009, 18:49   #12
Tomas
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
I have mixed feelings about Luca.

He was fantastic in his first season, scored a lot of goals and immediately became a fan favourite. Then he had a really disappointing Euro and carried that form to Bayern, as he was poor last season. The match against Stuttgart epitomised his season, I'm talking about that chance he missed inside the 6-yard box.

I wouldn't be against keeping him, but I think it would be better if he left. We have in Gomez and Klose our starting strikers. Then Olic as a super sub and Müller as the fourth striker. If Toni stays, that means Müller will never play and Olic will be relegated to 4th striker. I think Toni is still a valid option, but he earns too much to be a sub, he'd be a luxury player and I don't think we need luxury players.

Milan have missed out on Dzeko, Fabiano doesn't look likely to sign for them, so I reckon Luca will end up there. At least I hope so.
Completely agree. What I want to know is WHAT HAPPENED between 2007/09 season and 2008/09???? What can make you SUCK that bad?!
Old 30-06-2009, 19:20   #13
Snake
BZ Member

The lack of confidence that got him during the Euro08, it was hard for him who won the top bundesliga scorer not score atleast 1 goal in the Euro. His only goal was wrongly ruled out for Offside against Romania..
Top poster
Old 30-06-2009, 19:43   #14
Wavy
Asshole in charge

i was so mad when we signed him, then i was really happy we had gotten him cuz he looked like a scoring machine. but this past season he wasn't even trying he wanted the whole team to work for him, i don't think these kind of players are good for any team. he some kind of pipo inzaghi he can score exactly when you need him to like he did last season in the first game against hoffenheim, but i don't think it's not worth to keep him 90 minutes on the field only to wait for a chance. he's been unpruductive lately, even for italy.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 30-06-2009, 19:47   #15
BayernLeben
Banned

I love Toni!! He still can give us what we need, plus Toni is great for taking out defenders as teams seem to try and mark him more -- which is some of why he has a harder time scoring. Due to this he also spent more last season assisting. Plus he is still a great header of the ball. Also he is in a rough patch. Klose spent many many months just like Toni was, and even when Toni was doing the scoring. That is why we now have Gomez. It will keep Toni and Klose more motivated -- unlike Poldi who wasn't any reason to be worried about.