Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 30-06-2009, 19:50   #16
Ovplain
Vault dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
I have mixed feelings about Luca.

He was fantastic in his first season, scored a lot of goals and immediately became a fan favourite. Then he had a really disappointing Euro and carried that form to Bayern, as he was poor last season. The match against Stuttgart epitomised his season, I'm talking about that chance he missed inside the 6-yard box.

I wouldn't be against keeping him, but I think it would be better if he left. We have in Gomez and Klose our starting strikers. Then Olic as a super sub and Müller as the fourth striker. If Toni stays, that means Müller will never play and Olic will be relegated to 4th striker. I think Toni is still a valid option, but he earns too much to be a sub, he'd be a luxury player and I don't think we need luxury players.

Milan have missed out on Dzeko, Fabiano doesn't look likely to sign for them, so I reckon Luca will end up there. At least I hope so.
Yeah I agree, he wasted too many solid chances last year. I won't be upset either if he stays at Bayern as he could still be useful, but more than that I think it's time for him to move on. Would be best for him, he could still have a solid season or two in him, but I doubt that it's gonna be with Bayern. I'm almost certain he'd play better in Italy.
Old 30-06-2009, 20:27   #17
Bavarian
Ex. Poldi

I really like this player, he is still my favorite... and I am for that there is a too big competition in attack and that he can not goes on the field with Mario but I still believe that he can replay his first season here and I am not for that if one player dont have a good season you must trow him out, I have that feeling that he can shine again. I would more like that we hadnt bought Olić...
Old 30-06-2009, 20:58   #18
spotman
Schickeria München

Quote:
BERLIN (AP) — Italy striker Luca Toni says he isn't considering leaving Bayern Munich despite the arrival of new rivals in the powerful German club's attack.
Bayern has made several major signings ahead of new coach Louis Van Gaal's first season, including Croatia forward Ivica Olic and Germany striker Mario Gomez.

"I think it was a smart decision to bring them in," Toni was quoted Tuesday as telling the Bild daily.

Asked if he had any thoughts of seeking a transfer, Toni replied: "No. I feel very good in Munich."

"Bayern has everything I want at the moment: excellent prospects for the championship and a real chance to win the Champions League."

"I promise my fans: I will remain faithful to Bayern," Toni said, according to the report.

Toni dismissed a suggestion that he might now be Bayern's third-choice striker, behind Gomez and fellow Germany international Miroslav Klose.

He said he was confident of not being benched, noting that he scored "some decisive goals" last season.

"There is no No.3 and no No. 1 among the strikers," he was quoted as saying. "The trainer alone decides on the lineup. It makes no sense to speculate now about who will be used when."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/socce...82046377_x.htm

- PURE CLASS - Luca gets my respect.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:24   #19
Scooter

This decision from Toni will sure make LvG choice a hell of a lot harder. I say keep him until the winter break and if he doesn't perform send him packing back to Italy, with World War II veterans of AC Milan.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:23   #20
Snake
BZ Member

As much as I liked Toni over the past 2 years, its gonna be hard for him, I reckon by January he will want to leave...
Top poster
Old 13-07-2009, 10:36   #21
Trim

Luca Toni Hits Out At Detractors

Quote:
Luca Toni will resume training with Bayern Munich on Thursday but dark clouds hang over his future at the Allianz Arena.

The Bundesliga giants have signed Ivica Olic and Mario Gomez this summer and Toni could struggle to find space next term after coming constantly under the spotlight last season.

“For five-six years, I have netted more goals than anyone and I was Bayern’s top scorer last season,” Toni told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“But if I go through an ‘average’ spell from time to time, I soon become a problem and get a lot of stick. I don’t think it’s fair.

“Bayern have built a stronger squad and it's important to be part of it.

“I suffered two injuries that split my season in half. I stopped for 20 days before the Confederations Cup and I paid the price.”

And after his lethargic displays in South Africa, several pundits in the peninsula have called for the former Fiorentina and Palermo man to be dropped ahead of next summer’s World Cup.

“Did I discuss it with [Marcello] Lippi? I don’t feel out of anything and I have not heard from the coach,” he explained.

“But I don’t see any reason to: as I use to say, Italy’s centre forward must the strongest one.”
http://goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2...-at-detractors

Old 13-07-2009, 15:20   #22
Filo
BZ Member

I think Toni is more pissed off with Italy NT than with Bayern. I think that this season, the only striker that can have a certain place in the line-up is Miro Klose.
BZ Squad member26
Old 13-07-2009, 17:06   #23
Ovplain
Vault dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by filo4efcbm View Post
the only striker that can have a certain place in the line-up is Miro Klose.
How so? Gomez scored 35 goals in all competitions last year (28 in the 07/08 season), Klose scored 20 (21 in 07/08). How is then Klose a guaranteed starter and Gomez isn't?:S Bayern spent 30 million € on Gomez, providing his scoring doesn't dry up completely (I have no idea why it would) he damn sure will play. Obviously Klose is a capable striker but let's not forget his insanely long dry spells. If anything I can see Klose as being the first choice when it comes to who partners Gomez out on the field. But that's it.

It's gonna be tough for Toni this season. Hopefully he takes his chances when he gets them and isn't as sloppy as last year.
Old 13-07-2009, 19:59   #24
BayernLeben
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovplain View Post
How so? Gomez scored 35 goals in all competitions last year (28 in the 07/08 season), Klose scored 20 (21 in 07/08). How is then Klose a guaranteed starter and Gomez isn't?:S Bayern spent 30 million € on Gomez, providing his scoring doesn't dry up completely (I have no idea why it would) he damn sure will play. Obviously Klose is a capable striker but let's not forget his insanely long dry spells. If anything I can see Klose as being the first choice when it comes to who partners Gomez out on the field. But that's it.

It's gonna be tough for Toni this season. Hopefully he takes his chances when he gets them and isn't as sloppy as last year.
I agree. Bayern doesn't pay €30 mil on a player to not be a guaranteed starter. Klose by no means always guaranteed. He probably had a better chance under JK due to the German connection. LvG will play the most fit, best form and of course depending on what Bayern paid. Toni has just as much a chance as Klose at this point.
Old 13-07-2009, 21:24   #25
Filo
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovplain View Post

Please give me the statistic on how many goals Klose has assisted... He is the most complete striker that we have right now. Assists and goals. Last season, Klsoe was injured and we can't count that. He also scored 6 goals in Europe this season.

And in Klose's 1st season, he scored 21 goals in the BL 2007/2008 as you said, but how many assists to Toni?
BZ Squad member26
Old 14-07-2009, 02:09   #26
Bayern75
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by filo4efcbm View Post
Please give me the statistic on how many goals Klose has assisted... He is the most complete striker that we have right now. Assists and goals. Last season, Klsoe was injured and we can't count that. He also scored 6 goals in Europe this season.

And in Klose's 1st season, he scored 21 goals in the BL 2007/2008 as you said, but how many assists to Toni?

Well, if you go by stats only...Toni has to be the clear starter. In his Bayern career, Toni has 80 scorer points in 80 matches. That's a far better goal/assist-game ratio.

39 goals and 12 assists in 46 matches in 07/08.

18 goals and 11 assits in 34 matches in 08/09.

I think people forget how many assists Toni has provided because he's often clumsy and can't dribble well. That's an excellent assist total for a box striker. For comparison, Toni had 6 assists in BL last term...same as Klose...in the same number of games.

And his quote about him having a "normal" year and everyone going crazy is 100% correct. He was the most prolific striker in Europe for 5 years and last season has a "terrible" season with 18 goals in 34 matches. I know a lot of strikers that would like that strike rate.
Old 14-07-2009, 20:18   #27
Tomas
BZ Member

No one really cares about stats unless youre looking only 1 season behind. No one cares about what happened 2 years ago... its what you have done lately. So for that the clear starters will be Klose, because he is a better striker than Toni in so many ways... he shields the ball from defenders a lot better than Toni, has better dribbling and passing than Toni, assists and creates a LOT more and better than Toni. I like Toni but when we go back last season he was horrible and now he has to prove that he still has what he had 2 seasons ago. Gomez.... this guy was on fire last season and the season before. So Im almost positive it will be Luca and Mario fighting for starting position. If Luca's salary was less expensive I would be over the moon to have 3 strikers like Gomez, Toni and Klose.
Old 14-07-2009, 21:11   #28
Intex
BZ Member

I don't like the way we played when he arived,there was no more than him every cross and pass is only to this guy...
Old 15-07-2009, 21:20   #29
Trim

Up for the challenge
Luca Toni returns ‘more motivated than ever’

Quote:
A combination of mama’s tortellini and a Vespa tour of his beloved Emilia Romagna has nicely fired Luca Toni up for the battle to gain a regular berth in the Bayern line-up. A few days ahead of his return to Munich and a delayed start to the pre-season programme, the Italian World Cup winner is ready to take up the cudgels again at Germany’s leading club.

“I rate my team-mates very highly, but I’ll do everything I can to be a first-choice pick in the new season,” the 31-year-old declared, laying down the gauntlet to new signing Mario Gomez and company in advance of the club’s summer training camp, which opens in Donaueschingen on Thursday.

Going for goal

The man who finished as the Bundesliga’s top scorer in 2007-8 is absolutely not prepared to go down without a fight, nor is he contemplating a switch away from Munich. “I’m not even wasting a thought on life as a substitute,” the Italian said from his vacation base in Rimini. Toni is refusing to become involved in media speculation as to his future in the Munich line-up.

“I just want to score as many goals as possible and make my contribution to a significant trophy win for Bayern,” Toni said. Reports suggesting new boss Louis van Gaal has no place for the tall hitman in his favoured formation have not irritated Luca in the slightest: “I know van Gaal is a very good coach and I can hardly wait for the chance to prove myself to him,” the player emphasised.

More motivated than ever

After a restorative lasagne at an Agriturismo near Rimini, the man heavily criticised by the vociferous Italian media after the Confederations Cup appeared relaxed and confident. “We didn’t win a trophy last season, and that makes me more motivated than ever,” the Modena-born goal-getter said. The Bundesliga title and DFB Cup were the priorities, alongside a regular berth: “I’ll do what it takes so the coach can’t ignore me”.

Toni also wants FCB to do well in the Champions League, although he feels big-spending Real Madrid have all but caught up with favourites Barcelona. In any case, Toni is no fan of Madrid’s spending policy: “They’re astronomical sums, especially during an economic crisis. 100 million Euro is too much for a player.”

2010 in his sights

Starting with Euro 2008 and ending at the Confed Cup in South Africa, last term was an unsatisfactory one for Luca. He is now hoping to restore his reputation with the Azzurri by delivering the goods for his club. “It’ll be a different Italy at the World Cup next year,” the striker promised, “hopefully one featuring Luca Toni.”
http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/new...2009/20062.php

Old 19-07-2009, 12:23   #30
SaYeB
Oliver Kahnner

I don't want Toni anymore at Bayern I've said it before and I will say it again, he is the worst player in our squad, he earns alot more than he should.