Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 03-07-2012, 03:45   #16
Grey
Free Cascadia

If anything Boateng had better watch out. Anyway, it doesn't seem like he's coming at anyone's expense. With three CBs playing every game, and "other things equal" (an economics term), each CB plays 66% of the games. Still a majority and given the skills of all three, it's fair to them all.
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Old 03-07-2012, 10:11   #17
Miss-Bayern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohr_lucas View Post
He is going to see Badstuber benched!
Yes. it's tactical deficiency to play 2 left footed CB, especially since most attackers can use right foot or both
Old 03-07-2012, 13:04   #18
mavros
BEST DEFENSIVE DUO!

Dante is a very quality, experienced defender with fighting spirit and great technical attributes.

I will give Jupp a couple of games to test the possible combinations and then conclude that the best CD-duo is Dante-Boateng.

I just hope it won't take him too long as he did last year with Kroos-Gustavo pair after Bastian's injury!

Badstuber will have his chance, but he must try very hard and improve enormously if he wants to be a starter this year.
BZ Squad member17
Old 04-07-2012, 06:37   #19
mr_riviera
Bayern Munich

afroman is finally here!
Old 05-07-2012, 17:28   #20
Charlie
Banned

Dante's paradise
Brazilian ‘very, very, very happy’ to be at FCB

Quote:
Inevitably, someone asked the question, the question about his hair. Dante felt the back of his head and straightened out one of his curls. It wasn't too short, not too long, it was exactly the right length, he said, “although I did take a bit off the front." That means good visibility, and he is pleased with what he's seen in his first three days at Bayern. “I'm really thrilled, it couldn't be better," he said, “I'm very, very, very happy."

Dante Bonfim Costa Santos, to give the Brazilian his full name, has been in Europe for a while now, having played for Lille, Charleroi, Liège and Mönchengladbach. But joining Bayern, he already insists, “is my best move." The 28-year-old is looking for a crowning glory to his career. “I’ll think of what’s best for the group and give everything to win trophies," he stated.

The defender’s greatest honour so far is the Belgian championship with Standard Liège in 2008. He aims to top that this season - and in any case, his new club must win honours in 2012/13, he insisted: “Two seasons without a trophy is the limit in Munich. Three seasons without a title isn't possible." The South American has certainly learned all about the qualities admired in European football: “My goal is to perform at my best by working hard every day."

Dante has a soft voice, but he has made a hugely favourable impression at the Säbener Strasse in a very short space of time. “He's an extremely good pro, which I saw on the very first day from a number of small details," reported boss Jupp Heynckes, “he has the hunger."

On a par with Badstuber

The former Gladbach centre-half has proved his worth over the last three seasons in the Bundesliga. In that time, he won 65 percent of his challenges for the ball, on a par with Holger Badstuber (64 percent) and Dortmund's Mats Hummels (65 percent). Last term he played the ball more often than any other centre-back in the league (2,644 touches), with Badstuber second in the ranking on 2,552 touches.

The 28-year-old is unafraid of the battle for places in the team. “Bayern Munich already have three extremely good centre-backs. At a big club like Bayern, all 20 or 25 players have to be ready at all times." Dante intends to let actions speak louder than words, and to be admired for his play, not his hair.
FC Bayern München AG
Old 05-07-2012, 20:47   #21
DenToppesteHund
#ServusJames!

<3 dante <3
BZ Squad member44
Old 07-07-2012, 02:01   #22
Charlie
Banned

Quote:
Dante: "Two years without a title is not good, but three is incomprehensible," Dante stated to Sport1.

"We want to work hard and achieve our goals. That means winning the league, Champions League, and DFB-Pokal."

"Being the chief of the defence is not my primary goal," he said. "My goal is to bring a top performance. At big clubs, having personal aims is not important, only collective ones."
Dante: Three years without a title for Bayern is incomprehensible - Goal.com
Old 07-07-2012, 02:02   #23
HSK
BZ Member

Sounds like Dante has the right attitude we need in the squad.
BZ Squad member19
Old 07-07-2012, 02:03   #24
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern

I'm seriously digging this guy's attitude. He's got a lot of fire, if he can translate that to performance on the pitch and instilling some of that winning attitude on the team, it can only be good for the team. Can't wait to watch him play his first game.
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Old 08-07-2012, 01:29   #25
PsychoSocial
BZ Member

He'll be our best CB next year, watch this space.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:34   #26
FCBM13
Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSocial View Post
He'll be our best CB next year, watch this space.
You want to watch Badstuber's world burn, don't you?
Old 24-07-2012, 15:06   #27
Evil Sushi
Look into my eyes

Is it just me or judging by the half in which Dante played RCB, he looked more uncomfortable than the first half at LCB?
Old 24-07-2012, 15:41   #28
mea95
Mea San Mea

^I think you're right. I really can't understand why a left footed CB can't impress at RCB, while a right footed CB can fill both positions ?! (I mean, Dante, Badstuber, Vermaelen, Agger ...)
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
Old 25-07-2012, 01:57   #29
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Opposing teams are now gunna have to go through 7 extra levels before they reach Neuer.

BZ Squad member21
Old 01-08-2012, 17:04   #30
Alex
BZ Member

Dante eager to fight for starting place at Bayern Munich

Quote:
The imposing centre-back has spoken of his desire to rise to the occasion playing for the Bavarian giants, following his summer switch.

Dante is eager to prove his worth to the Bayern Munich cause after joining from Bundesliga rivals Borussia Monchengladbach this summer.

Die Roten are looking to rebuild their domestic and continental credentials ahead of the new season, and the defender is eager to force his way into the first-team plans of his new coach.

"The competition here is great," Dante noted to Bild. "Jerome [Boateng], Daniel [Van Buyten] and Holger [Badstuber] are great defenders."

"We will always be fighting for places amongst ourselves, but what is important is that we play for the team. Our relationship is fine, and it is important we understand each other.

"Everything I've seen in Munich is wonderful. I do not yet comprehend the Bavarian culture, but I want to live and understand it."

The 28-year-old first moved to Germany with Monchengladbach in 2009, before leaving Lucien Favre's men in a €4.7 million deal for the Bundesliga and Champions League runners-up.
Dante eager to fight for starting place at Bayern Munich - Goal.com
BZ Squad member28