Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 11-06-2012, 16:47   #1
Trim

Claudio Pizarro

Claudio Pizarro

Full name Claudio Miguel Pizarro Bosio
Nationality Peru; Italy
Date of birth 03.10.1978
Place of birth Callao, Peru
Height 1.86 m
Playing position Striker

Old 11-06-2012, 17:40   #2
DeAndreon
BZ Member

The return. We need a backup for Gomez and he is the player that we need.
Old 11-06-2012, 19:53   #3
Wavy
Asshole in charge

He is decent, but not the proper Gomez backup we need. He should bring some veteran savvy in the team though and he should be a locker room presence, someone to help DvB with his experience.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 11-06-2012, 22:03   #4
Filo
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy View Post
He is decent, but not the proper Gomez backup we need. He should bring some veteran savvy in the team though and he should be a locker room presence, someone to help DvB with his experience.
Well, I don't see Pizarro as a Gomez backup. I see him as a different type of striker, one that can play with Gomez and give Bayern different attributes on the pitch.

Pizarro has a great shot from out of range, plus he is 10 times better with the headers than Gomez.

He is a similar striker to that of Klose, able to play along with box-strikers. Look at him (Pizarro) with Elber or Makaay for example.
BZ Squad member26
Old 11-06-2012, 22:07   #5
Lord Byron
BZ Member

Bayern're still going to have the one more striker, right? I hope it doesn't end with Pizarro. Or get a utility player who can help in a truly non-Gomez formation of 4-3-3 and allow Muller to be groomed at the false 9? The 4-2-3-1 is for Gomez.

Last edited by Lord Byron; 11-06-2012 at 22:10.
BZ Squad member12
Old 11-06-2012, 22:32   #6
Wavy
Asshole in charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo View Post
Well, I don't see Pizarro as a Gomez backup. I see him as a different type of striker, one that can play with Gomez and give Bayern different attributes on the pitch.

Pizarro has a great shot from out of range, plus he is 10 times better with the headers than Gomez.

He is a similar striker to that of Klose, able to play along with box-strikers. Look at him (Pizarro) with Elber or Makaay for example.
Well if Pizzaro is the different striker we so desperately need then we're doomed. A backup IMO doesn't have to be someone who's similar to Gomez or exactly the same. A proper backup for me has to be someone that has the ability to take over games and change the outcome of a game, and also be used from time to time to "experiment" with formations.

If we're only looking for a striker that from time to time could play alongside Gomez, then we're definitely on the wrong start here if we wanna continue/bounce back from last seasons success/failure. After all Pizzaro wouldn't enable us to shift formations drastically and totally change our tactics when teams figure us out like it happened during this past season very often.

As I said, I see Pizzaro as a decent backup when we need to rest our key strikers and as a veteran presence in the locker room, but not as a difference maker in our game play and formation.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 15-06-2012, 01:41   #7
Filo
BZ Member

Ailton: "Bayern brings in one of the best in the World [Claudio Pizarro]"

tz-online.de
BZ Squad member26
Old 04-07-2012, 21:22   #8
Filo
BZ Member

Claudio Pizarro still doesn't know were he will live. His house in Munich is currently rented by Rafinha.

tz-online.de
BZ Squad member26
Old 05-07-2012, 00:20   #9
Frostbone
_/\___^_^___*_*_--_

Come on with their salaries they could probably rent a hotel for a whole year
Old 05-07-2012, 00:39   #10
rohr
meeehhh

Is Rafinha a landlord now?
BZ Squad member13
Old 05-07-2012, 14:16   #11
Xander
- Mia San Global -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo View Post
Claudio Pizarro still doesn't know were he will live. His house in Munich is currently rented by Rafinha.

tz-online.de
I'll offer him my couch.. fo realz
Old 05-07-2012, 17:25   #12
Charlie
Banned

Peruvian primed
Fired-up Pizarro wants to ‘win it all

Quote:
As a Bayern player, Claudio Pizarro has already won the Intercontinental Cup, the Bundesliga three times, and the DFB Cup three times. He has 71 goals to his name in 174 league matches for FCB – and five years after leaving Munich for the first time, he is desperate for more. “Win everything. Everything there is. That's the target," he said on Wednesday.

The Peru striker is unable to play a full part in the early training sessions of pre-season, as he is still busy shaking off an injury collected while playing for Bremen at the end of last term. He is pursuing an individual sports rehab programme, and in fact cut short his summer vacation in order to report to the FCB medical unit almost two weeks ahead of the official restart date. “Unfortunately, I've not made it in time. Maybe in 10 days," he reported when asked about a return to the full training burden, “Fortunately, pre-season is long this year."

Pizarro previously played for Germany's biggest club from 2001 to 2007. “I'm more experienced and maybe I've calmed down a bit," he reflected. There have been changes at the Säbener Strasse facility too. The Performance Center and ServiceCentre did not exist when Pizza left the club, but the 33-year-old still feels at home. “I know most of the people here and I know the club. I've always said Bayern is the best club I've played for."

With six years of FCB under his belt, the player is unconcerned about the battle for places in attack. “Competition is totally normal, you get it at every club," said the man who is the leading foreign scorer in Bundesliga history with 160 goals. He has also not forgotten his arrival in Munich back in 2001: “We had five strikers at the time, so it was even more difficult."
FC Bayern München AG
Old 06-07-2012, 05:31   #13
Charlie
Banned

Old 06-07-2012, 05:39   #14
HSK
BZ Member

Lets hope he recovers from the injury very quickly. Can't wait to see Pizarro in action!
BZ Squad member19
Old 06-07-2012, 14:07   #15
kala
Head Coach

I love him ! He was one of the best strikers who played for Bayern since I started watching them "Just after Elber and Santa Cruz"