Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 06-07-2012, 16:52   #16
HaSSàN
Gimme 5 !

Old 06-07-2012, 20:47   #17
mea95
Mea San Mea

as a 3rd Striker and a free agent, this transfer is amazing !
I saw him last season and he was very good and he impressed. He was in the top 3 scorers before his injury
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
Old 08-07-2012, 01:33   #18
Charlie
Banned

Pizarro: "I want to win everything"

Quote:
Claudio Pizarro may not have such positional flexibility, but he is an expert at what he does. The highest scoring foreigner in Bundesliga history (160 goals in 333 games) is eager for a new challenge in the twilight of his career. "Bayern are the best club I've ever played for," said the 33-year-old, looking back on his first stint with the side from 2001-2007.

And just like Shaqiri, Pizarro faces stiff competition for a place in the starting eleven, although the forward is unlikely to be losing much sleep over that. When he first joined Bayern over a decade ago, Giovanne Elber, Carsten Jancker, Alexander Zickler and Roque Santa Cruz were all ahead of him in the pecking order and still he managed to make the breakthrough. "I'm confident enough to play regularly," said Pizarro, before confirming his Bayern credentials: "I want to win everything."
Old 08-07-2012, 16:20   #19
Gilly
Don't judge

Does anyone know where is that list of funny Claudio Pizarro pictures ? I'm sure I saw it here few days ago, but can't find it now

ps. never mind . found it.

Last edited by Gilly; 08-07-2012 at 16:32.
Old 08-07-2012, 23:24   #20
Miss-Bayern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mea95 View Post
as a 3rd Striker and a free agent, this transfer is amazing !
I saw him last season and he was very good and he impressed. He was in the top 3 scorers before his injury
I thought he was 2nd striker and Mandzukic is 3rd, you just simply have to compare both performance from last 2 seasons or so
Old 08-07-2012, 23:34   #21
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrisozet View Post
I thought he was 2nd striker and Mandzukic is 3rd, you just simply have to compare both performance from last 2 seasons or so
Pizarro is more of a Gomez backup because of his age. Mandzukic, being young and somewhat different to Gomez (though not entirely) is definitely 2nd choice. If Pizarro and Mandzukic were the same age, I'd agree with you, but they aren't and Pizarro's age means he'll surely be 3rd choice.
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Old 09-07-2012, 03:18   #22
Miss-Bayern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarciLP View Post
Pizarro is more of a Gomez backup because of his age. Mandzukic, being young and somewhat different to Gomez (though not entirely) is definitely 2nd choice. If Pizarro and Mandzukic were the same age, I'd agree with you, but they aren't and Pizarro's age means he'll surely be 3rd choice.
Should will play Can as our midfielder because he's younger than the rest..?

Pizarro is still better than Mandzukic and to me he's the 2nd choice, I just hope he proves me wrong. Otherwise I think he's just another one of our cheap pathetic panic buy.
Old 09-07-2012, 22:53   #23
Garci
Hellblauer Bayern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrisozet View Post
Should will play Can as our midfielder because he's younger than the rest..?

Pizarro is still better than Mandzukic and to me he's the 2nd choice, I just hope he proves me wrong. Otherwise I think he's just another one of our cheap pathetic panic buy.
That comparison you made is borderline trolling - either you realized what I meant and still asked, which means you're a troll, or you didn't, and this conversation is futile because you don't know what you're talking about.

Just so we're clear - a player in his prime (i.e. with enough experience and skills to start but not too old) is preferrable as a starter at any point than a player without experience (Can's 18, and has no first team games) or than a person who's bordering retirement (Pizarro, age 33). Mandzukic is 26, so he's at his prime or nearing it, and he's got more than enough skill. That's where I was heading when I said he's younger than Pizarro. Feel free to understand whatever you want, but the meaning was very clear. The truth is that even Olic was benched really often and he was younger than Pizarro, so I can't imagine a scenario where he would be picked ahead of a younger, more able to play Mandzukic.
BZ Staff Member BZFM Season 1 Winner BZ Squad member8
Old 09-07-2012, 23:59   #24
Evil Sushi
Look into my eyes

I think we're harboring too much on the words "2nd choice" and "3rd choice".

Pizarro is probably the logical replacement for Gomez if he is being useless again; so long as he can put in impressive performances like he has done the last two seasons.

Mandzukic is an alternative going forward should defenses prove hard to break. He can play with another forward, replace him or even play as a winger.
Old 11-07-2012, 18:13   #25
Filo
BZ Member

The player's rehabilitation program is on schedule. He will travel to Trentino.

fcb.de
BZ Squad member26
Old 16-07-2012, 14:02   #26
Alex
BZ Member

Pizarro: Bayern could do with another striker

Quote:
The 33-year-old does not fear the competition for places at the Bundesliga giants, and would welcome the arrival of another attacker to the Allianz Arena.

Claudio Pizarro feels that Bayern Munich could do with another striker as they prepare for the 2012-13 campaign.

The Bavarians have already strengthened their attack with the additions of the Peru international and Mario Mandzukic, but the likes of Ivica Olic and Nils Petersen said farewell to the German giants this summer.

And Pizarro believes it would not hurt to add some more depth to the front line.

"I think it would be a good thing if another striker was brought in. A long season awaits and unexpected things can always happen," he stated to TZ.

"It is important to have enough options in every position in order to compensate if something happens."

The former Werder Bremen star went on to say that he does not fear the stiff competition for places at the Allianz Arena.

"I am sure that I will get plenty of first-team action. We all have more than enough quality."

Pizarro, 33, previously played for Bayern from 2001 until 2007.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germa...nother-striker
BZ Squad member28
Old 16-07-2012, 14:07   #27
mea95
Mea San Mea

I hope that goal.com translated correctly this time
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
Old 17-07-2012, 10:26   #28
The Bavarian
FC BaYYaN ..

Pizarro: I share Bayern's winning mentality - Goal.com

Pizarro: I share Bayern's winning mentality

Quote:
The 33-year-old claims he still has the desire to challenge for trophies upon his return to Bavaria, stating that it is one of the reasons why he admires his new club so much

Claudio Pizarro believes he still shares Bayern Munich's ambition to win titles, but acknowledges it will be difficult to oust Mario Gomez from the team.

The Peruvian striker left the Allianz Arena in 2007 and after five years away, where he spent time at Chelsea and Werder Bremen, he has no doubt that he will fit back in with the club's philosophy.

"Yes sure [I have Bayern's winning mentality], of course, certainly, absolutely," Pizarro told Abendzeitung-Munchen:

"This club has a unique atmosphere, everyone wants to win titles, and I like that."

The 33-year-old, however, remained realistic over his chances of challenging for a first-team spot, given the excellent form of his new team-mate Mario Gomez.

"Of course, no player wants to sit on the bench, but Mario had a great season. He represented the national team and played very well and is a regular player here."

Pizarro was Bremen's top goalscorer last season with an impressive 18 goals in 29 Bundesliga appearances, but the club could only muster a ninth-placed finish.
Old 17-07-2012, 18:05   #29
Charlie
Banned

Old 19-07-2012, 04:30   #30
Charlie
Banned