Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 13-09-2009, 17:02   #31
Tomas
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaYeB View Post
Van Buyten was solid yesterday, made some decisive tackles and indeed was the defensive leader.
He saved us a few times yesterday. He had some great hard tackles. Very solid!
Old 16-09-2009, 17:26   #32
Trim

Van Buyten ready for contract talks.

"I'm happy here, FC Bayern is my club. I'm always willing to talk."

"Who knows, maybe Franck and I will extend our contracts at the same time..."

tz-online.de

Old 16-09-2009, 18:13   #33
SaYeB
Oliver Kahnner

This guy made me change my mind over him, so his problem was ... yes .. Lucio.

Buyten didn't manage to have a good partnership with Lucio, so what can we do ?? Lucio is Lucio so we bench the poor guy.

I think Buyten and Micho as starters, Budstober and Breno as subs is more than enough.
Old 16-09-2009, 21:57   #34
Wavy
Asshole in charge

actually badstuber seems to be good for starting aswell. what i wonder is why aren't we playing breno in the end of the games or something i really like the guy
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 16-09-2009, 22:16   #35
Filo
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trim View Post
"Who knows, maybe Franck and I will extend our contracts at the same time..."
Oh! So that's why we kept van Buyten...

No just kidding around hehehe! Buyten is very solid this season and he can have a very good partnership with Micho. Hope he stays a while more at Bayern and he can convince his BF to stay also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaYeB View Post
Buyten didn't manage to have a good partnership with Lucio, so what can we do ?? Lucio is Lucio so we bench the poor guy.
Yeah, thats correct. Imo Buyten+Lucio can never work out cause they are both offensive-minded. The difference is, Buyten dosen't do it that often and when he does go to attack, he returns very quickly.
BZ Squad member26
Old 17-09-2009, 01:39   #36
hydra
BZ Member

lucio and buyten partnership never worked not because they are both offensive minded but because both of them plays as a libero in defense
Old 17-09-2009, 03:39   #37
Snake
BZ Member

Actually I do believe that Van Buyten stayed cause of Ribery's friendship.
Top poster
Old 17-09-2009, 19:00   #38
Trim

Van Buyten’s speciality: crucial European goals

Quote:
Interview: Daniel Van Buyten

fcbayern.de: You scored the opener a year ago in Bucharest, now you’ve scored the opener against Haifa: are you contractually obliged to net Bayern’s first Champions League goal each season?
Van Buyten: “It wouldn’t be a bad thing. We played well in the first half, but we failed to do the most important thing - score. I’m delighted I scored the goal the team needed, just like a year ago in Bucharest. It set us on our way to the first three Champions League points of the season.”

fcbayern.de: The strikers are normally responsible for the goals.
Van Buyten: “But from time to time, why not the defenders too? I try and get forward for set plays, because I like helping the team with a goal every now and then. It came off yesterday.”

fcbayern.de: Your four Champions League goals for Bayern have all been important: the opener in Haifa and Bucharest, and both goals in a 2-2 draw away to AC Milan.
Van Buyten: “Obviously, I’m delighted about that. I’ll never forget these goals, and the fans tend to remember them too.”

fcbayern.de: What’s more important: scoring, or keeping a clean sheet?
Van Buyten: “Both. We defenders always want a clean sheet. But defending is a team matter, as is attacking.”

fcbayern.de: Louis van Gaal was very pleased with the team performance in the first half. Are you playing the way the coach wants now?
Van Buyten: “It was a little tricky to start with, but it’s getting better with every game. We’ve scored eleven goals in our last three games, and only conceded one. It shows we’re learning, and becoming ever more comfortable with the coach’s tactics – and we’ll get even better. We can’t start thinking it’s already going perfectly, because we could easily fade again. All of us have to refocus continually.”

fcbayern.de: What’s changed in defence under Van Gaal?
Van Buyten: “The coach wants his defenders to get involved and look for the ball, so there’s always the option of a back-pass. We also want to help in the build-up. I think we’re touching the ball about twice as much as we did last season.”

fcbayern.de: Once again, you spent the Haifa match pointing, gesticulating and issuing commands.
Van Buyten: “I try and organise the defence as best I can. I’m very happy with the role, and that’s why I was brought in from HSV. When things aren’t going so well, I try and gee everyone up. When it’s going well, you try and motivate your team-mates to keep it that way.”

fcbayern.de: Returning to the Champions League: in the Bayern yearbook, you said your greatest dream was to win the Champions League. Is that a possibility for Bayern this season?
Van Buyten: “You have dreams with the aim of realising them at some point. I know making this dream come true will be exceptionally difficult, but I hope I manage it one day. However, we’ve only played one match, so we simply have to concentrate on the next game and make sure we come through the group phase. Then we’ll take another look at it.”

fcbayern.de: You now face Nürnberg on Saturday. How difficult is it adapting to the Bundesliga after starting out in the Champions League?
Van Buyten: “The Champions League is always special, but you’ve got to be able to refocus onto the Bundesliga. We’re professionals, so we’ll do it. We’re not leading the league, we have ground to make up, and we know Saturday’s match is a derby. We fully intend to keep up our run.”
FC Bayern

Old 17-09-2009, 21:29   #39
BayernLeben
Banned

Van Buyten surprises me sometimes with how well he can play, he just needs to be more consistent.
Old 20-09-2009, 20:46   #40
Snake
BZ Member

Goal-getting defender
Van Buyten amply repaying boss’s faith

Quote:
He was a tower of strength in Dortmund, he scored the vital opener against Maccabi Haifa, and he was the match-winner in the derby against Nürnberg: Daniel van Buyten has had arguably his best-ever week since joining Bayern. “I think the way I’ve played when selected has shown I can be relied on,” the Belgian declared after his 82nd-minute goal in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Bavarian rivals Nürnberg.

The 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in) colossus made just 18 Bundesliga appearances last term, but he has been an ever-present in all eight competitive matches this season. “It’s a bit different now. The coach believes in me. I aim to repay his faith every time I’m given the opportunity to get out onto the field, and make the very best of the situation,” Van Buyten commented.

The 31-year-old likes to get forward for set plays whenever he can. “We know how good Daniel is in the air. He’s really dangerous at dead-ball situations, and also when he stays forward after set pieces, as his last two goals have shown,” observed Philipp Lahm. Van Buyten netted with his right boot in Tel Aviv, and scored the winner on Saturday with his head. “Obviously, I’m personally delighted, but the priority is the team and Bayern Munich football club,” the man with the squad number 5 remarked with characteristic modesty.

Van Buyten has proved his worth not merely as the scorer of important goals, but in his normal role at centre-half. Bayern have conceded just twice in their last four matches, tribute to the likeable Belgian and his young central defensive partner, Holger Badstuber. “We had a few problems at the start, but it’s improving with every game,” reasoned Van Buyten, “if there’s a chance for me to attack, at set plays for the most part, I’ll always do it. But first and foremost, I’m a defender.” Whatever, neither the team nor Bayern’s army of fans would have anything against a few more important goals.
http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/new...b83d595cc37ac0
Top poster
Old 22-09-2009, 15:34   #41
Snake
BZ Member

Van Buyten delight with boss
Belgian loving life under van Gaal

Quote:
Daniel van Buyten has hailed the arrival of Louis van Gaal as Bayern Munich coach.

The Belgian international has featured prominently for Bayern this season, following the arrival of Van Gaal.

Van Buyten signed for Bayern in 2006 form Hamburg and had struggled to hold down a regular starting place, before van Gaal's arrival.

"I am still the player I was a couple of seasons ago, still I have enjoyed a good run of good form lately," he told the Munchener Abendzeitung.

"This is down to our new manager Louis van Gaal.

"The manager believes in me and my strength and he dares to play me from the start. This is the key difference.

"I always knew what I could do, still I often did not get the chance to prove it in the league. This has changed now."
Sky Sports | Football | Bundesliga | News | Van Buyten delight with boss
Top poster
Old 24-09-2009, 18:00   #42
Trim

Van Buyten doubtful

Quote:
In the build-up to Saturday’s clash, concern was raised in the FCB camp by another new injury, this time to Daniel van Buyten. The Belgian came away from the Oberhausen game complaining of an ankle problem and has only performed light exercise since then. He reported to Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt for treatment on Thursday. “We’ll have to wait and see,” remarked Van Gaal.
FC Bayern

Old 25-09-2009, 19:29   #43
Trim

Van Buyten back in training

The defender was able to complete part of Friday’s training programme.

Old 25-10-2009, 21:46   #44
Trim

Quote:
Van Buyten’s past as a striker has been much in evidence this term. He scored his fifth goal in 15 appearances on Saturday, equalling his personal best for Bayern from the 2006-7 campaign. “It’s going well for now,” the 31-year-old commented, “I always set myself the target of four to eight goals a season. In Marseille I once scored ten goals as a centre-half.”

“Everyone’s congratulated me and called me a saviour. Obviously, it’s good to get forward and score. You don’t get so many opportunities as a defender,” he continued. Van Buyten seems to enjoy himself against Frankfurt. Saturday’s strike was his fourth in six games against Eintracht, and he has not scored more against any other club.
FC Bayern

Old 26-10-2009, 17:35   #45
Ramy
BZ Member

Well its good to see him scores but the its more nicer to see him defending well because the defender his job is defense.