Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 19-07-2010, 14:58   #16
Filo
BZ Member

Bye bye Martin!
BZ Squad member26
Old 19-07-2010, 20:23   #17
Charlie
Banned

Badstuber is definitey better than Micho, but even if I want Micho out of Bayern, this wil not happen at the moment. Breno is not fully fit hence Micho will be needed as a sub, but during winter theres no doubt that Martin is gone
Old 01-08-2010, 13:32   #18
EliasKarl
Yeah Buddy!

Holger and Kroos are probably coming to Iceland to play with the U-21 German squad on August 11th. You can count on me being there!!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 17:37   #19
Wavy
Asshole in charge

and take pics pal don't forget
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 02-08-2010, 18:44   #20
EliasKarl
Yeah Buddy!

Of course
Old 06-08-2010, 11:11   #21
EliasKarl
Yeah Buddy!

Well unfortunately they won't be coming :/ So I guess I'll just go to the Allianz Arena someday.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:37   #22
Charlie
Banned

Praise for Badstuber

Quote:
Löw: "He has collected valuable international experience, he plays so serene, so calmly."

"He may not be as explosive as a Philipp Lahm, but he has a good passing game in the top," praised Co-Coach Hansi Flick
Holger Badstuber vor dem Durchbruch in der Nationalmannschaft - FC Bayern - Sport - tz-online.de
Old 05-09-2010, 20:13   #23
Charlie
Banned

Badstuber: "I will prove it everyday"

Quote:
Van Gaal chose you over Demichelis and Loew decided for you instead of Westermann. Why?

Badstuber: Because I have convinced them in friendlies and in training. Therefore, Louis Van Gaal and Joachim Loew have decided on me. Decision which makes me very happy. I wanted to be part of the team and I want to make sure that remains so. Especially since I now play in my best position.

Where can you improve?

Badstuber: Almost in all areas. I'm still young and one has to develop constantly. I think that the experience I will be gaining, will help me to continue growing. For that I must work hard - but that's my nature anyway.
http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussba...tz-906271.html

Last edited by Charlie; 05-09-2010 at 21:01.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:53   #24
syazone
BZ Member

he play well with mertesacker...wonder if lucio still here.......he might learn to be a world class cb
Old 08-09-2010, 04:56   #25
Charlie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by syazone View Post
he play well with mertesacker...wonder if lucio still here.......he might learn to be a world class cb
Dude no reason to think in the past, Lucio is gone and thats it. Lets focus on the future, Bastuber can be a great CB without anyones help. Just look at his current performances in the NT.
Old 08-09-2010, 15:50   #26
sooperdice
International Gigolo

Aye he was great against Azerbaijan. Mind you, it was Azerbaijan, and we've seen how better strikers have ripped him.
But he is still so young, and can only get better.

Also his right hand freaks the hell out of me when he runs.
Old 08-09-2010, 18:55   #27
Charlie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperdice View Post
Aye he was great against Azerbaijan. Mind you, it was Azerbaijan, and we've seen how better strikers have ripped him.
But he is still so young, and can only get better.

Also his right hand freaks the hell out of me when he runs.
I think Badstuber has the potential to become one of the best, Im glad to see him play so good, now I want him to play like that with Bayern.

Hahahahah, yeah I noticed his hand too Some people just have their peculiar way to run, I have a friend that when he runs it looks like he was ready to fight, raising his arms and making this creepy face
Old 08-09-2010, 19:31   #28
Charlie
Banned

Badstuber earns sixth cap, scores first goal

Quote:
Doubtless due to weariness rather than politeness, the Azerbaijan defence kindly offered little resistance as Holger Badstuber rose unchallenged to head Germany into a 5-1 lead. It was almost as if Messrs Sadigov, Agdam and Co respectfully opted not to challenge the 1.89 metre Germany centre-back, who will seldom have enjoyed so much time and space in an opposing penalty area in all of his career so far.

For all the ease of execution, it was a significant goal for Badstuber, as it was his first for his country. The rising Bayern star earned only his sixth cap on Tuesday night. The 21-year-old Munich man was standing in for the injured Arne Friedrich - who in stark contrast required no fewer than 77 senior internationals before registering his first goal.

Badstuber contributed a goal and a superb assist to the home side’s 6-1 win, prompting coach Joachim Löw to sing his praises afterwards. “He made the most of the space he was offered and looked very good in attack,” the Germany boss declared. “I’ve never been in a game like that before, where I’ve played the ball so often and helped apply attacking pressure,” Badstuber confessed.

As he was generally not required to deal with the visitors’ limp attack, Badstuber instead delivered a string of intelligent passes to team-mates in forward positions. “If I’m given so much space, I have to take responsibility for initiating moves,” said the player, clearly more comfortable at centre-back than on the left side of defence. “I’ve always said I’m strongest in central defence. That's the right position for me.”

Badstuber spent a period filling in at left-back for Bayern last term, and earned his first four Germany caps in the position, including the World Cup group games against Australia and Serbia. After a 1-0 defeat to the men from the Balkans, Löw dropped Holger from his formation and he spent the rest of the tournament on the bench.

Badstuber was not thrown out of his stride, perhaps because he knew his club coach planned to deploy him as the left-sided centre-half this season. Louis van Gaal particularly appreciates the Munich youth product’s excellent distribution from the central area. Indeed, he spent much of his time in the FCB reserves under Hermann Gerland improving his ball control and passing skills in a holding midfield role.

“The first thing I said to Hermann Gerland this morning was: ‘Did you see Holger Badstuber last night?’” junior team director Werner Kern told fcbayern.de on Wednesday: “It was great to see him showing so much skill. People often underestimate that on him.”

Löw for one is convinced of Badstuber’s quality: “Personally, I really like the way he plays, reliably, professionally and simply. His positioning is excellent. Overall, he’s a great prospect for Germany.” The player himself offered a modest assessment of his performance: “I think I’ve taken another step forward today.” However, his next goal in national colours will almost certainly require far greater effort on his part.
FC Bayern München AG
Old 08-09-2010, 19:58   #29
Charlie
Banned

Löw: Badstuber is on the right course

Quote:
Löw: "Holger has solved his task well. He plays good, clearly and is strong in the duels. He is on the right course".
Holger Badstuber: Der Aufsteiger - FC Bayern - Sport - tz-online.de

Last edited by Charlie; 09-09-2010 at 03:55.
Old 13-09-2010, 20:17   #30
Charlie
Banned

We must work our asses Off…

Quote:
"It is a difficult time, we aren't in top level yet, "said Holger Badstuber. "You can notice that we are not yet at 100 percent.

"We know we can get there, we have a lot of potential. We just have to work our ass off. " A wake-up call from the youngster.
Badstuber: "Wir müssen uns den A? aufreißen!" - FC Bayern - Sport - tz-online.de

Thanks wavy

Last edited by Charlie; 15-09-2010 at 05:53.