Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Players > Hall of Fame

Old 21-03-2010, 16:34   #16
Trim

Ivica Olic may be fit in time to feature in the battle for a place in the cup final. Olic, a late withdrawal from the Frankfurt trip after bruising a calf in the final pre-match training workout, is expected to resume the squad training programme on Monday.

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/new...f219b444b8bef3

Old 01-04-2010, 23:15   #17
Trim

Olic, the man for the vital goals in Europe

Quote:
He scored the only goal of the game against Haifa, he gave FCB the lead away to Juventus, and now he’s netted the winner against Manchester United: Ivica Olic is Bayern’s Champions League ace in the hole.

“I thought the one I scored in our 4-1 win against Juventus would be my most important goal,” Olic said after Tuesday’s match. “But now I’ve scored today against Manchester United in the quarter-finals, which is obviously a huge game. I’m just thrilled,” continued Bayern’s new “Mr. Europe”.

The 30-year-old gave a characteristic display full of tireless running, and also fired in the most shots at United keeper Edwin van der Sar. Olic consistently pressed the visiting defenders on the edge of their own box, disrupting their efforts to build patiently from the back. The former Hamburg man covered more than 11 kilometres during the match, more than any other player on the field, and significantly above the Munich team average.

“He’s an artful player,” Franz Beckenbauer observed, “the way he stole the ball was very crafty.” Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge joined in the chorus of praise. “We know all about his quality. We didn’t bring him here from Hamburg for nothing. I’ve always said he’s a player who’d do well for us.”

The player lived up to this particular character attribute to the full in the weeks when he was out of the team. “Obviously, I wasn’t happy about being dropped,” he admitted, “but I always told myself: I’m not important, the team is the important thing. If we’re winning and playing well, you have to accept things. We have lots of games. When other guys were playing, I had to stay calm and wait for my chance.”
FC Bayern

Old 03-04-2010, 18:39   #18
Wavy
Asshole in charge

dude we're so lucky to have a warrior like him in our team. he leaves his heart and soul there. he's tremendous.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 04-04-2010, 23:22   #19
Trim

BayernZone - Blog

Olic, the Powerhouse
by René on April 5, 2010

Quote:
(...) Ivica Olic doesn’t posses many fancy qualities or skills. Many might go on and say that he’s just someone useful now and then. But he does have skills and qualities that makes him special. He fights every ball. He chases after every opponent. He runs non-stop at the opponent’s goal. He does what is necessary, if possible, when called upon. The iron will that his spirit possesses is admirable. (...)
Continue reading: Olic, the Powerhouse | BayernZone - FC Bayern München blog

Old 05-04-2010, 16:34   #20
Bayern Munich
BZ Member

olic is like ribery and robben now we r lucky to have him and he should play as much as he can
Old 13-04-2010, 14:41   #21
Trim

Olic: "Not only do I want to stay here for a long time, I see myself finishing my career at Bayern".

Daily Mail

Old 13-04-2010, 15:04   #22
Ramy
BZ Member

Ivica Olic is a superb player.

2nd best transfer of Bayern 09/10 season!
Old 13-04-2010, 15:27   #23
keniks
Ein Land, Ein Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trim View Post
Olic: "Not only do I want to stay here for a long time, I see myself finishing my career at Bayern".

Daily Mail
Why wouldn't he has a great season and is playing internationally in the level like never before, and we know how to keep good players LOL
Old 13-04-2010, 16:22   #24
Tomas
BZ Member

How can anyone not love this guy for the way he plays?!
Old 13-04-2010, 16:36   #25
Filo
BZ Member

He remminds me so much to Hassan Salihamidzic.
BZ Squad member26
Old 16-07-2010, 16:40   #26
Trim

Olic sat out of team training on Friday because of muscular problems. He completed an individual training programme instead.

The Croatian is expected to resume team training on Saturday.

FC Bayern München AG

Old 22-07-2010, 11:08   #27
Charlie
Banned

Quote:
Ivica Olic of Bayern Munich was the 32nd best player of 2009-10, according to a panel of Goal.com editors
Goal.com 50: Ivica Olic (32) - Goal.com

To be honest I didnt expect much from him, but Im glad I was wrong. He is a great player and a proud member of Bayern Munich!
Old 22-07-2010, 12:50   #28
ELIASOV
Banned

i like his fighting spirit
Old 22-07-2010, 23:19   #29
Charlie
Banned

Olic: I aim to keep my place in the team

Quote:
The sun beat down unrelentingly from the azure blue Italian sky, and the temperature at the stadium in Arco nudged 40 degrees in the late morning. Every movement meant another bead of sweat, and those who could do so made for the shade.

Ivica Olic appeared completely unaffected, tirelessly covering every blade of grass on the reduced size field where the senior players were engaged in a game of five-a-side. To cap it all, the Croat netted two excellent goals. “With this coach, every training session is like a match, and he wants to see the maximum at all times,” said Olic, “but in any case, I never have a problem with training.”

That attitude largely explains why Olic slowly but surely emerged as the first-choice centre-forward at Bayern last term. The Croat made 29 Bundesliga appearances, scoring eleven goals and laying on another six. He was even more potent in the Champions League, where he netted seven times in ten games, including a hat-trick in the 3-0 semi-final return leg victory away to Lyon. However, his status as a crowd hero was ultimately sealed by his never-say-die attitude and willingness to run and chase right to the end.

At the start of last season, very few people –coach Van Gaal among them – really believed Olic would become a regular at FCB. He arrived on a free transfer from Hamburg, but was up against formidable competition: new signing Mario Gomez, top scorer of the previous two seasons Luca Toni, Germany fixture Miroslav Klose, and rising star Thomas Müller.

“I was an outsider from the start, striker number four or five – but by the end, I was number one,” the player now reflects. In the closing stages of the campaign, Van Gaal tended to favour just one out-and-out striker, and nearly all the time, that was Olic: “He worked his way into the team.”

Nowadays, the coach is one of Olic’s biggest fans. “I love players like him, who always give it everything and are always up for it,” he confided to fcbayern.de, “Ivica is always sharp.” Van Gaal believes the 30-year-old “can perfectly well have as good a season as the last one.” And this time round, Olic has the advantage of completing the pre-season programme right from the start.

The player also feels he is psychologically a step further on than last year. “The coach knows me, and knows what I can do,” said Olic, “my aim is to keep my regular place in the team.” To ensure that, he is giving his all in every minute of every training session, and running until he is fit to drop, from the first minute until the last.

“He always gives it 100 percent,” said Olic’s fellow-countryman Danijel Pranjic “he’s a big star in Croatia.” That may be the case, but Olic is also a realist: “I can only keep playing the way I did last year if my fitness is optimal.”
FC Bayern München AG

Last edited by Charlie; 22-07-2010 at 23:23.
Old 23-07-2010, 01:03   #30
hydra
BZ Member

it's very good to see a player like this on the pitch ..his work rate is amazing