Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Champions League

Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2016, 19:56   #16
roosoo2
BZ Member

i wanna see:
neuer
lahm boateng benatia alaba
vidal martinez
coman muller costa
lewandowski
BZ Squad member6
Old 30-04-2016, 19:59   #17
Argeta
BZ Member

I really dont want to get my hopes up.. Don't want to feel disappointed when Pep releases his dumb lineup.
BZ Squad member96
Old 30-04-2016, 20:06   #18
Herbalist
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argeta View Post
I really dont want to get my hopes up.. Don't want to feel disappointed when Pep releases his dumb lineup.
Spoiler
Miss BZ winner's sponsor BZ Squad member20
Old 30-04-2016, 20:08   #19
mea95
Mea San Mea

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosoo2 View Post
i wanna see:
neuer
lahm boateng benatia alaba
vidal martinez
coman muller costa
lewandowski
that would be a dream coming true ... but get ready to see Alaba as CB and Bernat as LB
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member30
Old 01-05-2016, 04:08   #20
René
#4 Phenomenon

We're gonna get a run for our money in this match. I just hope, beyond tactics aside, the players gear up for that ticket to the final in Milan.
BZ Squad member4
Old 01-05-2016, 05:23   #21
Mullered
BZ Member

I would normally approach this match with a sense of optimism. Our record at the Allianz in CL is stellar, and we certainly have the capacity to both win and score more than one goal.

But Atletico pose the ultimate antidote to our gameplan and specific needs:

They love teams like us, preferring to allow their opponents to keep the ball, which is exactly what Pep wants us to excel at. So they'll let us pass it around endlessly on our own half, and then shut us down whenever we venture onto their turf. And hit us mercilessly on counterattacks throughout.

I believe that we won't go a full 180 minutes without finding the net against them, but I feel equally sure they will score on Tuesday. Meaning we will have to put at least 3 past a team that has only allowed 5 balls to slip beyond their keeper this entire campaign, and is arguably Europas best at defending.

And therein lies our biggest headache: We both need to score, and at the same time aim for a clean sheet. So we can't focus on just defense or attack, which would have been possible had we gotten something out of our trip to Madrid.

Heck, even a 2-1 loss away would be better than what we now face, as that would mean a 1-0 win would send us through at their expense. Now it is us that can win 2-1 (an impressive feat, if so!), and yet have it not matter.

I cannot for the very life of me understand whatever Pep might have been thinking, to leave our most dangerous goalgetter on the bench in a match where the alfa and omega was grabbing that precious away goal. If I didn't know better I would say it was outright sabotage.

There is a reason Barca doesn't rest Messi and Real won't bench Ronaldo for crucial season-definining matches when they are fit. It seems only our team, or rather it's coach, would be willing to perform that kind of folly.

And that is what leaves me the most pessimistic. While I for 3 years have been a staunch defender of Pep and tried to defend his choices even when they appear nonsensical to me, I can no longer turn a blind eye to his odd tactics.

The benching of Müller. The inclusion of Bernat, who has been weak all season. Moving Alaba from left back, which both made our defense frail as well as deprived us of his offensive power in a game where we desperately needed a goal. Letting an Alonso in advancing years play a full 95 minutes in Madrid. The list goes on.

And I fully expect him to make similar bizarre moves when we welcome the spaniards to our own backyard.

So yeah, we probably will score, mainly due to our players individual quality and not Peps tactics, but it probably won't matter in the long run. I predict it ending either 1-1, with Atletico really parking the double-decker bus once they get the goal that they know will force us to make it 3-1 to advance.

And a third CL-exit from three possible Pep-attempts, seeing us chased out of Europe by our Spanish betters.

Don Carlos arrival cannot come quickly enough.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:40   #22
schweini
Viva Viva FCB

when Bernat crossed the ball to the corner flag vs BMG, I was ready to throw my jandal at the screen. This isn't 2nd division.
The players don't believe in their ability, we saw Gotze maneuvering nicely beyond the BMG defenders only to set up Muller rather than taking the shot.
This is another example of our automated flight mode, when in doubt pass it along. There are no risk takers in this squad. We are scared of losing the ball because our defending has been that horrific. & Its mind blowing how Atleti can defend a lead for 70 or so minutes & we can't cope with a counter attack that sees Blondie hitting the woodwork.
Can we win by 2-0, sure. But we need to be hungry & unpredictable. That's why Muller is so damn important, he is hard to mark & is very elusive. Boateng will add much needed stability at the back. So I'm still optimistic.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:38   #23
Alex
BZ Member

Guys, chill out.. you seem to forget that a minimal win of 1:0 sends us into overtime where we have 30 more minutes to score one more goal
BZ Squad member28
Old 01-05-2016, 09:13   #24
Fussballgott
4-2-3-1 Member

0 optimist for me.

Atletico will score, our defense is weak and friable on pressure ...
... and we will never score 3 goals to Atletico (78 games they didn't collect 3 goals !)

And for the line-up ... I could easily bet than Müller won't start again ! He played all 90 minutes against Gladbach...

The line-up I want :
Neuer - Lahm, Martinez, Boateng, Alaba - Alonso - Coman, Müller, Vidal, Costa - Lewandowski

The line-up of Pep with luck :
Neuer - Lahm, Martinez, Boateng, Alaba - Alonso - Coman, Vidal, Thiago, Costa - Lewandowski
BZ Squad member39
Old 01-05-2016, 09:14   #25
Fussballgott
4-2-3-1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Guys, chill out.. you seem to forget that a minimal win of 1:0 sends us into overtime where we have 30 more minutes to score one more goal
And to collect one more goal. And if this happen, it's over.

And I'm sure this can happen ... a mistake in defense, a free-kick, a corner ...
BZ Squad member39
Old 01-05-2016, 12:15   #26
Lord Byron
BZ Member

Let's see how accurate this turns out to be. My prediction:

Neuer
Lahm Javi Boateng Alaba
Costa Alonso Vidal Thiago
Muller Lewandowski

Looking like this

Neuer
Javi Alonso Boa
Lahm Vidal Thiago Alaba
Costa Muller Lewy

Are any of those injured?
BZ Squad member12
Old 01-05-2016, 16:05   #27
shay1962
BZ Member

Bad news. Godin and Carrasco are both fit for the 2nd leg
Old 01-05-2016, 16:51   #28
Alex
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fussballgott View Post
And to collect one more goal. And if this happen, it's over.

And I'm sure this can happen ... a mistake in defense, a free-kick, a corner ...
Who says that it will happen? We're no fortune tellers to know whats going to happen.. for all we know atletico could have a meltdown and we put 5 goals past their goalkeeper, its not impossible.. there are a million scenarios and we'll just have to be patient and optimistic, we can do this.. if our lads walk out defeated we should still call them champs, they've been at the very top of european football for over 5 years and we still give them shit, thats not the way this is supposed to work
BZ Squad member28
Old 01-05-2016, 17:02   #29
Fussballgott
4-2-3-1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Who says that it will happen? We're no fortune tellers to know whats going to happen.. for all we know atletico could have a meltdown and we put 5 goals past their goalkeeper, its not impossible.. there are a million scenarios and we'll just have to be patient and optimistic, we can do this.. if our lads walk out defeated we should still call them champs, they've been at the very top of european football for over 5 years and we still give them shit, thats not the way this is supposed to work
Cant be patient and optimistic when I remember Real Barcelona and Juventus.

via Tapatalk
BZ Squad member39
Old 01-05-2016, 17:20   #30
OnlyInsider
BZ Member

Just no Bernat in the line up this time. If Pep starts with him again, the board should sack him right there.

There is so many options available right now, and still he starts with Bernat and put Alaba in CB?!

Can´t wait for Carlos arrival hopefully he aint that stupid.

We have such a strong squad, but yet our coach is our biggest weakness.. This is what i hope for, but it wont happen.

Neuer
Lahm Boateng Benatia Alaba
Vidal Martinez
Costa Müller Ribery
Lewa

This line up would make Pep horny.

Neuer
Rafinha Alaba Kimmich Bernat
Alonso Lahm
Costa Thiago Coman
Lewa

Last edited by OnlyInsider; 01-05-2016 at 17:29.
Closed Thread