Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > FC Bayern München > Matches > Champions League

Closed Thread

Old 24-11-2016, 06:38   #196
Grey
Free Cascadia

I don't have any disagreement with that, but my point was rather that Jupp's Bayern at the beginning of the 2012-13 season still had enormous room for improvement, and that by the end of the season the team had worked through its shaky foundation and turned into the world beaters that we all remember. If we were willing to give Jupp a chance after already having the shameful Vize-treble under his belt, then we can at least give Ancelotti the time necessary to turn this around.

...unless of course the players have already turned on him, in which case the sooner we ditch that sinking ship the better (really though, that's true for every situation regardless of merit)
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Old 24-11-2016, 11:24   #197
Argeta
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy View Post
Has shit hit the fan yet? Cause I'm too lazy to skim through pages.
If shit hitting the fan equals FernandoBR's rants, it hit during our first conceded goal.
BZ Squad member96
Old 24-11-2016, 11:27   #198
DanaSchofield
I ran out of charact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argeta View Post
If shit hitting the fan equals FernandoBR's rants, it hit during our first conceded goal when Pep left.
Fixed it
BZ Squad member25
Old 24-11-2016, 13:15   #199
Springbok51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I don't have any disagreement with that, but my point was rather that Jupp's Bayern at the beginning of the 2012-13 season still had enormous room for improvement, and that by the end of the season the team had worked through its shaky foundation and turned into the world beaters that we all remember. If we were willing to give Jupp a chance after already having the shameful Vize-treble under his belt, then we can at least give Ancelotti the time necessary to turn this around.

...unless of course the players have already turned on him, in which case the sooner we ditch that sinking ship the better (really though, that's true for every situation regardless of merit)
Good points Grey.

Football and especially cup competitions such as CL are all about peaking at the right moments.

Under Pep we saw Bayern peaking but unfortunately at the wrong moments, when it really mattered in the knock-out CL matches things didn't go very well.

Under Jupp in the Treble season there were also some bad matches (the 1 - 3 away to Borisov is one I'll never forget, and yesterday's match felt a lot like that).

After the winter break we'll see what this Ancelotti team can really do.

When Real Madrid won the CL last year they were terrible in both La Liga and the Copa, yet they still won the CL thanks to some luck and a few decent performance, nothing more than that.

I'm not going to look too much into this match but I do expect significant improvements, the lack of Vidal was a big miss and I didn't like how Kimmich didn't start either.

Let's see how the Leverkusen game goes and take it from there.

At present I'm not too worried yet and it's definitely much too early for the 'Carlo out calls' in my humble opinion.

Last but not least, credit to Rostov, they defended very well and knew exactly how to hurt Bayern
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member34
Old 24-11-2016, 16:18   #200
Blackroze
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garci View Post
We lost 3-1 against BATE during Jupp's second year. We were already calling for his head during the first year. The amount of people wanting him out after BATE was basically double than before.

Don't rush.
I like your optimism, but have to remind you that back then our impact players weren't 30+ years old. If we don't land an impact(and already established and not cup-tied) player in in January, we wont have the power to edge out big dogs in CL. We have done good transfers lately but they are all future related. What we have now is bunch of very young, talented but raw players who need time and some obsolete players who's time has come to an end in such a high level and quit frankly I don't even care about BL anymore. If we wanted BL we had to treat Guardiola better and keep him to win 65 back to back BL titles. For CL we need to do soemthing. Coutinho would be my top choice. My GF is Liverpool fan and I watch every single game. He delivers time and time again and caries his team on his shoulder.
16/17 Predictions Winner
Closed Thread