Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > German Football

Old 15-04-2014, 08:52   #2086
micky
A good Christian

I don't know if Schürrle is up for that. I'd try Lasogga, see how he'd do.
BZ Squad member22
Old 15-04-2014, 13:13   #2087
dips82
BZ Member

Lasogga has zero international experience...with current injury situations, Schurrle can be tried at striker position
Old 15-04-2014, 13:25   #2088
micky
A good Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dips82 View Post
Lasogga has zero international experience...with current injury situations, Schurrle can be tried at striker position
Schürrle is no striker, he's not that good up front. If Lasogga would play like at HSV, he'd be good enough.
BZ Squad member22
Old 15-04-2014, 17:19   #2089
Bender318
BZ Member

Schurrle has played as a striker a couple of times for Chelsea and has been piss poor. His place is on the wings.
Old 15-04-2014, 18:11   #2090
Grey
Free Cascadia

This whole "Reus is the best German player" nonsense needs to stop. He's a phenomenal player - when playing on the counter. Otherwise, he's distinctly average. Unfortunately for him, Germany is likely not going to be playing on the counter and he's going to look very out of place. He doesn't know how to use possession and build from it. He can make a great through pass, but these are nearly always done - you guessed it - from a counter attack.

Reus, while definitely among the most talented players for Germany, simply does not have the right blend of skills.
BZ Staff Member Most 'liked' poster BZ Squad member10
Old 15-04-2014, 18:58   #2091
BayernCurry
Müllering around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
This whole "Reus is the best German player" nonsense needs to stop. He's a phenomenal player - when playing on the counter. Otherwise, he's distinctly average. Unfortunately for him, Germany is likely not going to be playing on the counter and he's going to look very out of place. He doesn't know how to use possession and build from it. He can make a great through pass, but these are nearly always done - you guessed it - from a counter attack.

Reus, while definitely among the most talented players for Germany, simply does not have the right blend of skills.

Spoiler
Although everyone knows that Lahm is far and away the best German player.
Old 30-04-2014, 00:31   #2092
Dan
BZ Member

I think this heavy defeat also sealed the fate of the German national team in the world cup. No chance that the players that got destroyed by Real Madrid and have their self confidence in tatters will rise up to win the world cup.
Old 30-04-2014, 00:40   #2093
KateL
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I think this heavy defeat also sealed the fate of the German national team in the world cup. No chance that the players that got destroyed by Real Madrid and have their self confidence in tatters will rise up to win the world cup.

I am worried about that too. A defeat against Dortmund in the Pokal Final will only make it worse.
Old 30-04-2014, 01:06   #2094
Crews
BZ Member

Well we are talking about Löw, who usually just copies our tactics so we'll probably see his version of tiki-taka and lose anyway even if we had the best squad.
Old 30-04-2014, 01:12   #2095
dips82
BZ Member

I didn't have much hope either in the World Cup but this defeat of the 7 core NT team members against 3 core Portugal team members will have a psychological impact in group stages...
Old 30-04-2014, 13:39   #2096
AryaStark
Banned

I predict Germany to be a big(ger) deal in the World Cup this year. And this is a serious prediction.

a core of talented and experienced players is there, the arrogance (which is Germans' number 1 ennemy) should be gone now and the extra motivation should be back, too.
Old 30-04-2014, 13:45   #2097
Kenpachi
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AryaStark View Post
I predict Germany to be a big(ger) deal in the World Cup this year. And this is a serious prediction.

a core of talented and experienced players is there, the arrogance (which is Germans' number 1 ennemy) should be gone now and the extra motivation should be back, too.
Bayern players will also be at the training camp Day 1 for once as well.
Old 30-04-2014, 14:16   #2098
Schäferhund
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AryaStark View Post

Striker questions still remains...
Old 30-04-2014, 14:31   #2099
jbm
BZ Member

The only positive thing of this season's CL is that Germany will be much better (hopefully) in the WC. Especially now that Bayern's and BVB's players got served in the CL and they both are hungry for a cup, for glory, they will fight ten times harder, it's their only hope to achieve something worth playing for.. so I hope my thoughts are and will be true.
Old 30-04-2014, 15:08   #2100
aramshat
Good is not enough

You are right, this will make us to support germany even more. It seems epic to me, Bayern & BVB players united to revenge for their CL losses Couldn't been any better for NT.