Go Back   BayernZone - FC Bayern München Forum > Football talk > German Football

Old 09-08-2012, 22:49   #1336
Snake
BZ Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbenator View Post
It's more on the mental side, than the physical side that they need to improve to reach the level of those players..
I say a bit of both. But it is more on the mental side of their maturity rather than just the physical attributes.
Top poster
Old 09-08-2012, 22:58   #1337
Snake
BZ Member

Jogi about his selection
Quote:
Captain Philipp Lahm misses out due to the impending birth of his child, while Arsenal pair Lukas Podolski and Per Mertesacker are omitted to help them prepare for Arsenal’s Premier League opener against Sunderland on August 18.

“Philipp [Lahm] wanted to play, but after speaking to him on the phone, I made the decision to leave him to his private life,” Low told the German Football Association’s official website.

“Three days after the international match in Frankfurt, the Premier League season starts in England, so it's important that Per [Mertesacker], who was injured for a long time, and Lukas [Podolski], who is fighting for a regular place in the team, are able to prepare for the tasks ahead with their club.”

Hoffenheim goalkeeper Tim Wiese has also been cut, with his international future now in serious doubt as Germany look to proceed with a younger understudy to current No. 1, Manuel Neuer.

"Hansi Flick and I had a long conversation with Tim [Wiese] in Hoffenheim, and we have informed him that we are planning to use a younger goalkeeper for World Cup qualifying," revealed goalkeeping coach Andreas Klope.
Top poster
Old 09-08-2012, 23:03   #1338
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Buh BYE Timmy.
BZ Squad member21
Old 09-08-2012, 23:23   #1339
Wavy
Asshole in charge

Andreas Klope? Who the fuck wrote that article. Koepke has only been around for 20 years.
BZ Staff Member BZ Squad member5
Old 09-08-2012, 23:31   #1340
Snake
BZ Member

Noticed that aswell, probably some idiot....
Top poster
Old 09-08-2012, 23:57   #1341
Shaq Fu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Buh BYE Timmy.
Low is a few years late on that one!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:11   #1342
Badger
Taking a long break

-

The full squad for the friendly against Argentina:

Löw announces first post-Euro 2012 squad | Sports | DW.DE | 09.08.2012

The squad comes from relatively few clubs - ignoring Zieler, the clubs are Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke and Real Madrid.
Old 10-08-2012, 18:38   #1343
Evil Sushi
Look into my eyes

Useless friendly, Loew should have nominated the fringe or experimental players for this one instead of further inhibiting the training schedule for the Euro players at their respective clubs.
Old 10-08-2012, 18:46   #1344
Bosstuber
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sushi View Post
Useless friendly, Loew should have nominated the fringe or experimental players for this one instead of further inhibiting the training schedule for the Euro players at their respective clubs.
typical Löw
Old 10-08-2012, 18:49   #1345
Evil Sushi
Look into my eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosstuber View Post
typical Löw
Well it would be nice if he played all the Euro substitutes to see how they fare.
Old 10-08-2012, 20:19   #1346
FreeBird
Stand Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sushi View Post
So treat it like the Olympics?

BZ Squad member21
Old 13-08-2012, 17:52   #1347
Snake
BZ Member

Jogi:

Quote:
We wanted to go to to the World Cup in 2010 in South Africa and begin forming a team that could then win this title [Euro 2012], so the loss in the semi-final against Italy was particularly painful," he told reporters at a press conference.

"We now have the task of working on the errors we made at Euro 2012, and find solutions to those errors over the next two years. We went on this path a few years ago, and we have a long-term plan to which we will stick.

"Before the Italy game we had won 15 [competitive] games in a row - a world record. We will stay on this path, with a few minor changes.

"You have to try and draw lessons from criticism with humility. Some criticism, though, was not productive, I think.

"Philipp Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Miroslav Klose and some others have done what I expected of them, and been perfect. But to the public watching on television, they weren't winners on the pitch. We are all proud of this team for everything they have done, and are doing, for integration in Germany."

Low then spoke of his aims for the future: "My coaching staff and I are going foward full of motivation, and we are eagerly anticipating the challenges ahead. The overall goal is, of course, qualifying for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil."

When asked how he felt about Germany's impending friendly against Argentina on August 15, he said: "We're very excited. I will make many changes for the match."
Top poster
Old 13-08-2012, 18:44   #1348
Bender318
BZ Member

Jogi:

Quote:
"Miro is a player for whom I don't see an age limit right now. I am still counting on Miroslav Klose in the next two years. When he is in his stride, he still ranks among the best attackers in the world."
Miroslav Klose aims for World Cup swansong

Germany keep faith with Klose

Klose is going to be at the World Cup, like it or not. If he's fit of course.
Old 16-08-2012, 18:13   #1349
TeamSpirit
Queen of BZ

I hope Mats will be alright...
BZ Squad member16
Old 26-08-2012, 16:24   #1350
dips82
BZ Member

Howdes in bench today...so neither as right back nor as central defender he got start...Badstubber played as left back yesterday...Hummels got easily dribbled past by Werder Bremen players few times on Friday..in spite of 2 consecutive clean sheets Martesacker not a guaranteed starter for Arsenal..

All these things not helping the national team defense problem...